If your little one loves all things ocean, throw him or her an under-the-sea celebration with our Ocean Party Ideas! From invitations to party favors, we have all the bases covered so your party goes swimmingly!
Ocean Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic ocean themed party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Ocean party:
- A bubble machine
- Ocean-related cartoons such as Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, SpongeBob SquarePants and Ponyo
- An ocean themed pinata
If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Send a Message in a Bottle! Thoroughly wash and dry old soda bottles. Write your party details on a slip of paper, roll it up, and slide it inside. Make sure the paper is rolled tightly and secured so it will easily slip out of the bottle once your guests receive it. Check out our Invitations in a Bottle for inspiration!
- Purchase seashells at a craft store, or collect them on the beach and wash and dry them thoroughly. Write your party details on the shells and send them in highly padded envelopes, or hand deliver them to your guests.
- Cut the shape of an angel fish out of blue or orange cardstock. Use colored markers to draw on the details and use glitter glue or puff paint for the accents. Write your party details on the back.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as: Come to an adventure under the sea,And party with Marcy who is turning three!Games will be played and cake will be served, RSVP to give me your word!
Ocean Party Decorating & Food
To provide your guests with a true under-the-sea experience, consider these options for decorations:
- Cover the ceiling, walls and floor with blue transparent cellophane wrap to give the impression of being underwater. Scatter seashells and sand dollars around the perimeter of the room.
- Set a bubble machine in one corner of the room.
- Hang plastic toy fish from the ceiling using clear fishing line.
- Make a "sunken" treasure chest by covering a large shoebox with brown construction paper and strips of gold foil or glitter paint. Fill it with shells, plastic necklaces and jewels, and chocolate gold coins.
- Cover the tables with blue tablecloths and decorate them with sand, faux pearls and seashells.
- Place groups of stuffed clown fish, angel fish, starfish, and sharks in the corners of the party area.
- Cut out giant fish shapes and starfish shapes out of construction paper to hang on the walls of the party area.
It can be fun for the host and the guests to include theme-specific treats during the party. For an Ocean Party, consider the following ideas:
- Make octopus treats! Cut red licorice strings into 2" sections and attach 8 sections to a red gumball with a little red frosting. Draw on two eyes with black decorator icing.
- Serve goldfish crackers, Swedish Fish, gummy sharks, and sour gummy fish.
- Cook seashell-shaped pasta and spinach linguini and serve chilled with a little butter. Call it "Seaweed & Shells Pasta".
Ocean Party Favors
Thank your guests with aquatic party favors! To find a large variety of ocean party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bean bag sea animals
- Silly fish squirters
- Fish putty
- Mini plush fish
- Squishy and sticky sea creatures
- Bubble necklaces
- Ocean Stamps
- Sticker books
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops