Noah’s Ark Baby Shower Party Ideas
Host a beautiful Noah's Ark baby shower with our planning ideas! Noah's Ark is a popular baby shower theme and is often used for the mom who is expecting twins, since the animals came two-by-two. A Noah's Ark baby shower is also a good choice when the mom is decorating the baby's nursery in the same theme. Shop all our First Birthday Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsRemember to include some of these Noah's Ark items as you plan the baby shower: the ark, animals, items in pairs (just like the animals on the ark), rainbow, dove and an olive branch. For more planning help, check out our Baby Shower Planning Timeline, look over our Baby Shower Etiquette question and answer page, and use our printable guest list. What do I need for the Baby Shower? You will need basic party supplies such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. To help with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide. Noah's Ark Baby Shower Invitations Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own Noah's Ark baby shower invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Design the invitation with pairs of animals and an ark.
- For twins, use wording like "You're Invited for Double the Fun at a Noah's Ark Baby Shower!"
- For a single baby, use wording like "Two by Two and One by One, Babies Can be so Much Fun!"
- Use a Noah's Ark toy set as the table centerpiece.
- Collect lots of stuffed animals and set them in pairs (just like on Noah's Ark) around the party room. This is especially cute at a shower for twins.
- Use animal-shaped mylar balloons.
- Arrange a large bunch of balloons in all the colors of the rainbow to represent the rainbow in the Noah's Ark story.
- Use pinatas in animal shapes as decorations.
- Fill baby bottles with gummy bears.
- Bake sugar cookies in animal shapes and frost with colored icing.
- Decorate cupcakes in a variety of animal designs and set them two-by-two on the serving tray.
- If you plan to serve hors d'oeuvres and other snack-type foods, a few options include:
- Cheese Cubes or a Cheese Ball with Assorted Crackers
- Crudites (i.e. cut veggies) and Blue Cheese Dip
- Cheese Fondue with Bread Cubes and Apple Slices
- Tossed Salad
- Chicken Satay
- Mini Vegetable Rolls and/or Egg Rolls
- Mini Meatballs
- Tortilla Chips and Salsa
- Fruit Salad or Cut Fruit (e.g. sliced melon, cubed pineapple, strawberries, grapes, etc.)
- Finger Sandwiches
- Pita Bread and Hummus Dip
- Tortilla Wraps Filled with Meat, Lettuce, Tomato Slices and Cheese, and cut into spiral slices.
- Mini Desserts (e.g. tiny tarts, cheesecake squares, cookies, petits fours, etc.)
- As for drinks, a bowl of fruit punch is perfect. Or you can offer an assortment of soft drinks, bottled water, and/or juice.
Party Favor IdeasNoah's Ark Baby Shower Party Favors You may want to give party favors to your guests to thank them for attending the baby shower. Choose one or two of the items listed here and present them in a pretty bag tied with ribbon:
- Pretty note pad with matching pen
- Chocolate in the shape of animals
- Two sugar cookies of the same animal, wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a pretty ribbon
- Gummy bears in clear cellophane bags or small baby bottles
- Animal-shaped cookie cutters