New Year’s Eve Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
New Year's Party Planning & Invitations
If you would rather not make your own invitations, let us print
personalized invitations for you, which include all the party details on
a themed background of your choice. Countdown to the New Year!
Plan to start your party at a time to accomodate the children and plan and early countdown
instead of midnight!
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child's New Year's Eve party. If you have time to make your own, be sure to involve your child in choosing the design and filling in the details. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fold a square of black construction paper in half, and write "Let's ring in [year] together!" on the front using a silver marker or gel pen. Write the party details inside and decorate open areas with squiggles of glitter glue to look like streamers and confetti.
- Cut out a circle from card stock and cover it with metallic craft paper or foil. Cut out black numbers (or purchase pre-cut numbers from the craft store) to spell out the upcoming year and paste them on the front. Cut a circle of black construction paper the same size as your invitation and glue it to the back. Write your party details on the back.
- Cut a circle out of card stock and draw a clock on the front with its hands marking 12:00. Write your party details on the back.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and use ribbon to tie on a party popper. Mail these in padded envelopes and sprinkle glitter inside before sealing.
New Year's Eve Party Decorations
Bright and sparkly is always a good choice for a New Year’s Eve party. Keep it simple with a fun and festive backdrop using silver metallic fringe and black plastic table covers curtains. Cut a strip off the bottom of your “curtains” to create a sash.
Looking for that wow factor? Make your own “2019” numbers using a package of metallic fringe. Wrap the fringe around cardboard numbers until they are completely covered. Tip: Have clear tape handy so you can tape down sections on the backside so they don’t slip and slide. This is a time consuming project but we love how it turned out!
Keep the party props available for people to get into the sparkling spirit of the occasion. With large packs of hats and noisemakers, no one will be left without a way to shine and make some noise when the clock stikes 12.
Silver party goods really pop on a simple with a black table cloth, especially when they’re sparkly! Silver glitter utensils and flutes will make your little guests feel extra fancy when paired with silver prismatic plates.
Everyone knows balloons are a must at a New Year’s Eve party so why not make them part of your table décor? Write your countdown numbers on each one, from 1-12, and fill with confetti. If you don’t mind confetti on your floor, you can introduce each countdown bag with a balloon pop and let the confetti, and good times, fly!
New Year's Eve Party Foods
This kids’ table is all about fun so serve goodies you know your little guests will love. Cupcakes with countdown clocks and numbers are easy to put together and who doesn’t love cupcakes?! Silver flutes are perfect for serving sparkling apple juice and white chocolate pudding with sprinkles.
White chocolate pudding can be made a couple days ahead to save you time on the day of the party. Prepare as directed on the package and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, pour pudding into a plastic gallon bag, snip one end, and squeeze into the flutes in a circular motion to get those pretty swirls. Top with colorful sprinkles and edible silver stars.
Another fun party treat are countdown OREOs. Using white chocolate covered OREOs as a base, pipe a bit of frosting in the middle of the cookie, and decorate with number sprinkles. You can mix and match your numbers or have each cookie represent each number, 1 – 12.
New Year's Eve Party Activities
- Glow bracelets
- Confetti poppers
- Ring pops
- Decorate a Mask – include stickers in the bag to decorate a blank party mask
- Disco ball necklaces
- Color Dough
- Champagne flavored Jelly Belly beans
- Party hats
- Hershey Kisses
- Decorate a Mug – include crayons to personalize their own mug
New Year's Eve Party Favors
If your little friends can make it til midnight they are true party animals! Send guests home with a bag of all of their countdown goodies…and maybe some warm milk for the road!
Party styled and designed by Kylie from Made by a Princess. Head over to her blog for more party tips, recipes, and free printables. All of the party printables used in this post including the countdown bag numbers can be downloaded for free on the Made by a Princess site.