Talent Show Time
What You'll Need:
- Props, costumes, instruments and fashion accessories
- A video camera (optional)
Stickers or small prizes (optional)
At the Party:
- Set up an area outside or indoors to designate as the stage area.
- Set the chairs up in rows facing the stage.
- Set up a video camera to record the show. (optional)
- Tell the children that in 20 minutes they will participate in a talent show!
- Give the children some ideas such as singing, playing an instrument, performing a play, doing a magic trick or telling a joke. They can perform solo or in groups.
- If a party guest is too shy to perform they can judge the talent show or be in charge of props.
- Give the children 20 minutes to prepare for the show and then announce "It's show time!"
- Instruct the audience to take their seats in front of the stage.
- Elect a person or group to perform first. Have your video camera ready!
- After each performance, be sure to applaud. If you'd like, award each performer with a sticker or small prize.
- If you record the show, burn DVDs to mail along with your thank you notes.
Top of Page