Whether your child enjoys singing, playing an instrument, or just banging on pots and pans, a music themed birthday party is sure to be a hit! Read on for music themed party tips including invitations, decorations, food, favors and games!
Music Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Music party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Music party:
- Toy guitars, maracas, kazoos, recorders, drums, tambourines and other musical instruments
- A karaoke machine
- A video camera
- Costume accessories such as sunglasses, wigs and plastic jewelry
- Write a song with lyrics about the party including where the party is located, who's coming and other party details. Record the song on to a CD and mail it instead of a paper invitation.
- Ask your child to create a band name and then make a flyer for the party that looks like a band poster. Mail the flyers to your guests with a bit of glitter in each envelope.
- Create invitations that look like concert tickets. The details on the tickets will be your party information. Mail the tickets with a picture of your child playing their favorite instrument or singing.
Music Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Music Party Decoration Ideas
- Create a stage for your music party by covering a large piece of thick plywood with black felt. Set up lighting using floor lamps and place a drum set, microphone and keyboard on the stage.
- Hang disco balls from the ceiling along with blank CDs and records.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says "Concert Tonight - Sold Out!"
- Place bins around the room filled with musical instruments. Place toys and other non-party related items away from the party area.
- Decorate the walls of the party room with old framed record album covers.
Serve your little musicians small portions of pizza or slice hot dogs, hamburgers or sandwiches in half. Less food will be wasted and hungrier band members can choose to eat more. Additionally, here are some suggestions for music inspired food you can serve.
- Drum sets: Serve chocolate pudding snack cups with pretzel rods. Children can drum on the closed snack cups with the pretzels and then dip them in the pudding to eat!
- CD Pizza: Make pizza bagels and label them "gold records."
- CD Sugar Cookies: Frost round sugar cookies in white frosting and add on details, such as the center hole and a band name using frosting.
Music Party Favors
Keep your guests dancing to the beat by sending them home with the following music themed favors.
- Mini maracas, kazoos or harmonicas
- A CD of your child's favorite music
- Star-shaped sunglasses
- An inflatable guitar or microphone
- Music themed stationary items
- Personalized rock star favors such as stickers, zipper pulls and buttons
- Complete music favor sets