Monkey See. Monkey Do.
At the Party:
- Sit all the children in a circle.
- Choose one child to be the first guesser. That child now leaves the room for a moment.
- Now select a child in the circle to be the first monkey.
- The monkey remains seated but makes hand movements, funny faces or waves their arms around. The rest of the children must copy the monkey's movements. The monkey should make one movement for about 10-15 seconds (for instance, clap their hands) and then make a different movement (for instance, pat their head). The rest of the child should copy the movement as quickly as possible.
- Once the children and the monkey get the hang of the game, ask the guesser to come into the room.
- The guesser must now try to figure out who the monkey is by watching the actions take place in the circle. Who is making up the movements and who is copying the movements?
- Once the guesser identifies the monkey that round is over.
- Start the next round by letting the first monkey become the next guesser.
- Have the new guesser leave the room. Then, choose another monkey.
- Continue playing as long as the children are entertained. If you'd like, you can play music during this game but the children must remain seated.
Top of Page