Minecraft Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Invitations and Personalization
Personalize your party to show off the special day you are celebrating. Customize messages on invites, labels, activity mats, bag tags and more. Our Minecraft pattern has tons of options.
- You can coordinate solid blue, green, and black tableware and decorations with Minecraft brand elements to pull the whole look together.
- Make a Minecraft party backdrop by taking square shaped paper plates and sticking them to the wall with sticky tack or non-damaging tape.
- Use our stone wall backdrop to set the scene.
- Take or make cubed cardboard boxes and cover with duct tape, construction paper, or tissue paper grass. Poke two small holes in the top and hang them from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Use colored paper bags or boxes and glue or draw Creeper, Gollum, or Ghast faces on them.
- Fill candy tubes with red, green, and blue gumballs labeled as "TNT," "Diamonds," or "Slimeballs."
- Small blind bags of Minecraft collectibles also make great favors.
- Make your own Minecraft boxes to fill with small favor items with this simple template.
- For older children party poppers labeled TNT make a great party favor as well!
- Paint or tape Creeper faces on lime green buckets so your attendees can take a character from Minecraft home!
- Blocky 8-bit sunglasses are sure to please!
Party Games and Activities
- Make a cookie decorating station for dessert. Use these Minecraft cookie cutters to make a batch of sugar cookies in advance.
- With adult supervision, have kids make mini swords or Minecraft characters out of Perler beads.
- Pinatas are a party classic, and making your own Ghast Pinata isn't too hard! We found a helpful tutorial here.
- Pin the tail on the pig is another fun game you can make incredibly easily with construction paper, scissors, and tape!
- If you're feeling extra handy, make a Minecraft beanbag toss with cutouts like a Creeper face.
- Set up a photo booth with a few props. Like these Minecraft masks, and swords in front of a stone wall covering.
DIY Crafts & Food
- Duct tape bracelets are a fun craft thats quick and easy!
- To make your own Minecraft sword, use this handy printable let the kids decorate it to their hearts content! Additionally, you could put cardboard between the two pieces of paper to make it extra sturdy.
- Pick up some inexpensive blank T-shirts and have the party attendees make their own Minecraft shirts use heat transfer vinyl or fabric paint.
- With a little pre-planning, you can make some fantastic Minecraft creatures from simple items such as toilet paper rolls and small boxes.