Mickey Mouse Party
Does your little one love to sing and play along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and the rest of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang? Then you should bring the mouse to the house for their birthday this year by throwing them a party with the help ofourMickey Mouse Party Ideas! When you plan your event using this guide your tot will be sure to feel like a real Mouseketeer! Cheryl from Moms & Munchkins styled and photographed our Mickey Mouse party. Shop our Mickey Party Supplies Browse this guide: Mickey Invitations Mickey Decorations Mickey Food Mickey Party Favors Mickey Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basicMickey party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing, or renting the following items for your Mickey or Minnie party:
- Mickey Mouse Ears
- Several pairs of white gloves
- Airwalker Mickey Balloon
- A Mickey Mouse Movie (i.e. Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Mickey, or Classic Cartoon Favorites: Best Pals Mickey & Pluto)
- Browse ourFirst Birthday Party Guidefor some basic tips on planning a Mickey Mouse party for babies.
- Invite your Mickey party guests with ourMickey 1st Birthday invitations.
- Decorate the birthday child's highchair with Mickey themed supplies.
- Bake or buy a small Mickey cake or cupcake just for the birthday child to smash into! Decorate with Mickey candle and provide a separate cake for your adult party guests.
- Cut the shape of Mickey Mouse's head out of black construction paper (big circle face with two circular ears on top). In silver pen, write the birthday child's name on the left ear and "is turning [age]!" on the right ear. Write the party details on the main part of the cut-out.
- Print out a picture of Mickey, Minnie, and friends and paste it to the bottom of a section of cardstock. Write the party details above the picture. Run a glue stick around the outside of the paper and sprinkle with red glitter.
- Take a picture of the birthday boy or girl in mouse ears. Fold a piece of cardstock in half and paste the picture on top, on the right side. In the white space on the left side, write "Become a Part of Mickey's Clubhouse at [child's name]'s Birthday Party!" Write the party details inside and decorate with Mickey & Minnie stickers.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a pair of mouse ears and ask your guests to wear them to the party.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse Come to Corey's Birthday Clubhouse! With games and food and cake galore, It's true there's lots of fun in store!
Mickey & Minnie Party Decorations Decorations that match your theme makes a party even more fun and exciting. So, for this party, transform your party space into a Disney fun house using these tips:
- Use themed tableware that features Mickey and the gang. Wrap red cutlerywith black napkins, and keep them closed with red paper that has been decorated with white dots to look like the mouses pants.
- On that note, tape two white circles to red favor buckets to create a fun and unique way to serve popcorn, chips, and pretzels.
- As each guest enters the party area, give them mouse ears to wear! Consider handing out white gloves to the boys and big pink hair bows to the girls.
- Cut large Mickey Mouse heads out of black construction paper and tape them to the walls. Consider writing one guest's name on each cutout in big block letters.
- Make a striking, floral centerpiece by combining foam balls with kabob sticks to create the characters head. From there, cover all of the foam balls with artificial flowers using extra-fine glasshead pins.
- Mickey's Clubhouse is all about bright colors, so lay out bright colored blankets and pillows throughout the party area.
- Balloonsare a must-have at any party! Tie groups of balloons in bright colors to the backs of chairs, float them up from tables, or use them to mark doorways.
- Combine MylarMickey Mouse balloonswith colorful latex balloons to create eye-catching balloon bouquets.
- Group together Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy stuffed animals that your child already owns for a great centerpiece.
- Set out large cardboard boxes with door flaps and windows cut out. Let the children decorate the boxes to looklike their own clubhouses!
- Scan a picture of Mickey and his friends from a coloring book onto an 8-1/2 x 11" piece of paper. Laminate and use these as placemats on the food table. Alternatively, put out personalized activity mats.
- Put out larger black plates that are framed with smaller ones to serve your food on hidden mickeys. The large plate can hold cheese while the smaller ones hold crackers, or the large plate can hold broccoli while its counterparts hold vegetable dip.
- Serve Mickey Mouse pancakes. If you don't have an iron that makes them for you, just make three circular pancakes, one big for the face and two little for the ears.
- Serve chocolate milk with silly straws.
- Stick two Oreos or other chocolate cookies in the chocolate frosting of a cupcake so the ends are sticking up to make a dessert that looks like the character.
- Bakehomemade pretzelsin the shape of the letters "M" "I" "C" "K" "E" and "Y."
- Use a cookie cutter or knife to give crisped rice treats the shape of the Disney characters head.
- You can bake a Mickey Mouse cake using a Mickey cake pan.
Party Favor IdeasIdeas for Mickey & Minnie Party Favors Thank your guests with special party favors! From classic goodie bag stuffers to items that match the theme of your event, here are some surprises you may want to include in each guests takeaway:
- Mickey bubbles
- Mickey hi-bounce balls
- Minnie Mouse lip gloss
- Mickey stickers
- Mickey party blowers
- Mickey punch balloons
- Mickey wristbands
- Mickey PEZ dispensers
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.