Magic Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
If your little ones love to dazzle you with their miraculous magical skills, this is the perfect party to plan! Throw a mystical birthday bash your little magicians will never forget with our Magic Party Ideas!
In addition to basic Magic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Magic party:
- A Selection of Magic Tricks
- A professional magician
- Magic 8 Balls
- A Telsa ball
- Stuffed white rabbits
- Old magic show posters of Houdini
- A Magic-Themed Movie, such as Harry Potter, Fantasia or The Sword in the Stone
- Cut the shape of a top hat out of black felt and paste it
brim-side-up on a piece of white cardstock. Use a glue stick to moisten
the area directly above the brim and sprinkle it with confetti. Or, use
glitter glue to make lines of glitter coming out of the hat.
- Cut the shape of a rabbit out of white card stock and glue a small cotton ball on the tail.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a magic wand. Ask your guests to bring their wand with them to the party.
If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Magic Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Magic Party Decorating & Food
You won't need any special powers or have to learn any magic tricks to transform your party space into a magical place. All it takes is a few creative decorations. Make your party area magical with these decorating ideas:
- Create easy centerpieces! Set one top hat upside-down on each table of the party area. Place a stuffed rabbit in one. Tie brightly-colored scarves together and attach one end inside the hat and the other end to the ceiling. Fill another hat with crinkle paper.
- Make oversized playing cards by drawing hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs, and numbers with black and red markers on rectangles of white poster board.
- Scatter playing cards on tables and windowsills.
- Cut starburst shapes out of dark purple, blue and black construction paper and write magical sayings on them with metallic gold and silver markers. Use words such as "Abracadabra", "Hocus Pocus", "Presto Change-O", and "Alacazam". Hang these around the party area.
- Hang regular items like pencils, drinking glasses, books, or spoons from the ceiling with fishing line, as if they are levitating.
- Hang a banner over the entranceway to the party that says, "Say the Magic Words to Enter [birthday child]'s Party!" (Add the "magic words" to the invitations so your guests will know what to say. "Open Sesame" works well.) Check out our selection of personalized magic banner to consider.
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
Serve some magic munchies with these ideas:
- Serve chips, candy, crackers, and popcorn in upside down top hats lined with paper towels or bandanas.
- Make edible magic wands by dipping pretzel sticks in melted chocolate, letting them cool, and then sprinkling one end with coconut, white sprinkles, or sugar.
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of rabbits, stars, and top hats to cut out slices of cheese and serve with crackers. Serve shaped jello jigglers, pancakes, and watermelon as well.
- Serve soda, water, fruit punch, chocolate milk, or regular milk with silly straws.
- Serve "magic potion." Freeze cranberry and grape juice in ice cube trays before the party. Serve a colorless soda at the party, such as ginger ale or lemon-lime. Let your guests select their ice cubes, which will "magically" change the color of their drinks.
- Make a Magic cake by baking a 9" x 13" cake and cutting it in the shape of a top hat. Frost the cake in chocolate frosting and sprinkle white sprinkles on the top to resemble the opening. Set a stuffed rabbit or rabbit figurine at the top of the cake.
Magic Party Favors
End the magic show with a wave of your wand and some magical party favors such as:
- Small stuffed rabbits
- Magic tricks
- A deck of cards
- A magic 8 ball
- Magic wands