Little Mermaid Party
Whether your little one is a fan of Ariel the Little Mermaid or just has a fascination with those mystical beings that live in the sea, throw her a magical party with our Little Mermaid Party Ideas! From invitations to party favors, we have all the bases covered so your party goes swimmingly! Shop our Little Mermaid Party Supplies Browse this guide: Little Mermaid Invitations Little Mermaid Decorations Little Mermaid Food and Drinks Little Mermaid Party Favors Little Mermaid Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? Basic party supplies include tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, as well as a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. You can stick with the basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Mermaid Party, you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- Movies: The Little Mermaid (Rated G), Barbie Fairytopia: Mermaidia (Not Rated), or The Secret of Roan Inish (Rated PG)
- Mylar Balloons
- The Little Mermaid Soundtrack
- Purchase seashells at a craft store, or collect them on the beach and wash and dry them thoroughly. Write your party details on the shells and send them in highly padded envelopes, or hand deliver them to your guests.
- Cut the shape of a fish out of colored construction paper. Run a glue stick around the edge of the cutout and sprinkle with glitter. Write your party details in the center.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a sheet of mermaid stickers or a small mermaid figurine.
- Send your invitation as a message in a bottle! Write your party details on a sheet of construction paper. Clean out old pop bottles, roll the invitation into a tube and slip it inside. Hand deliver these to your guests, or to add to the mystery, leave them on each guest's front porch! To save time, consider our Message in a Bottle invitations.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:You're invited to an adventure under the sea! We hope that you can come. Mandy is turning 6, you see, And it's going to be so much fun!
Little Mermaid Party Decorations To transform your party area into a mystical, under-the-sea wonderland, consider these options:
- Scatter seashells, sand dollars and plastic starfish and seahorses on the tables and windowsills around the party area.
- Cover the ceiling, walls and floor with transparent cellophane wrap to give the impression of being underwater.
- Hang a banner near the entrance to the party. Check out our>personalized mermaid banner and let us do the work for you.
- Tie groups of three or four balloons together and tie them to the backs of chairs. Anchor them with balloon weights and set them near doorways or in the corners of the party area. Scatter blue, non-helium balloons around the floor.
- Fill fish tanks or fish bowls with water and plastic sea creatures, such as fish, crabs, and starfish.
- Hang plastic fish from the ceiling using clear fishing line.
- Print out photos of mermaids and attach them along a broad strip of ribbon. Hang the ribbon along the edge of the food table or along the top of the entranceway.
- Hang a pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
- Serve blue jello in clear cups. Before the jello sets, add a gummy fish to each cup.
- Let your guests get creative by making and decorating dough dolls to eat or take home.
- Serve goldfish crackers, sour gummy fish and octopi, and chocolate turtles in large, clean, plastic seashells.
- Cook seashell-shaped pasta and serve chilled with a little butter.
- Use cookie cutters to cut fish and seashell shapes out of peanut butter sandwiches, cheese slices, watermelon, and apple slices.
- Serve soda, water, fruit punch, blue gatorade, or nanaberry smoothies with silly straws.
- Tint cream cheese with blue food coloring and spread on bagels cut into fourths. Add one goldfish cracker to each.
- Make a Mermaid cake by baking a 9"x13" cake and frosting it in blue frosting. Place a mermaid figurine in the center. Add decorations like gummy fish, wisps of seaweed drawn with green food gel or icing, and an octopus made by surrounding a red gumball body with 8 red licorice string tentacles.
Party Favor IdeasLittle Mermaid Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with under the sea party favors! To find a large variety of themed party favors, visit our Little Mermaid party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Ariel bubbles
- Blowfish squirts
- Stickers and sticker books
- Bath and body gel
- Squishy sea creatures
- Costume jewelry
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.