Lion King Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
It's difficult to watch Disney's classic movie The Lion King and not fall in love with all the characters and music. If your child can't stop singing "Hakuna Matata" then it may be time to invite your favorite little animals over for a royal birthday celebration! Below are some ideas for you to pounce on including suggestions for Lion King invitations, decorations, food, favors and free games.
Lion King Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic jungle party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Lion King party:
- The Lion King on DVD or Blu-Ray
- The Lion King music from the movie or Broadway show
- The Lion King stuffed animals
- Animal costumes such as our lion headband.
- A petting zoo
- An animal shaped pinata
- Record a video of your child singing one of the songs from the Lion
King. At the end of the song your child can say "please come to my Lion
King party" along with the date and time. Copy the video onto a CD and
mail to each guest.
- Mail each invitation with a small Lion King figure or a CD of songs from the movie.
- Dress your child in a Simba or Nala costume and take a photo. Upload the photo to your computer to make an invitation by using photo software. On the front of the invitation you can add the words "I Just Can't Wait to Turn 5!"
Lion King Party Decorations & Food
Turn your home into a jungle fit for a king with the following Lion King decoration ideas.
- Play music from the movie or Broadway show quietly in the background to add ambiance.
- To create a jungle canopy, hang a lot of green, lime green and brown crepe paper streamers from the ceiling.
- Use silk potted plants and flowers to decorate the floor and table of your Lion King party.
- Place Lion King figurines and stuffed animals around the room.
- Draw Simba on brown craft paper to hang around the room. You can use the symbol Rafiki draws on the tree as your example.
- Hakuna Mataters: Turn tater tots into bugs by
drawing faces, antennae and little legs on each tot using ketchup.
- Mini Cheese Steak Subs: Lions love to eat steak but since your cubs aren't fully grown we suggest serving Steak 'Ums with cheese on small sub rolls.
- Banana Pops: Insert a Popsicle stick into the bottom of a halved banana. Pour chocolate syrup over the banana. Roll the chocolate-covered banana in a thin layer of nuts. Freeze before serving.
- Bug Bowl: Set out bowls and fill each with different gummy insects.
Lion King Party Favors
Thank your guests with roaring party favors! We carry Lion King party favors as well as some general jungle party favors. To find a large variety of jungle party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Squirt toys
- Mini stuffed animals
- Animal shaped rubber bands
- Animal wind-up toys
- Jungle animal stickers and temporary tattoos
- Fun-shaped candy