Bring some luck to your next celebration by throwing a ladybug party! Whether it's a birthday, spring or garden party, a ladybug theme is a cute idea for all ages. Read on for suggestions on how to throw an amazing ladybug birthday party, including tips for invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more. Shop our Ladybug Party Supplies Browse this guide: Ladybug Invitations Ladybug Decorations Ladybug Food Ladybug Party Favors Ladybug Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Ladybug party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Ladybug party:
- Tea cups and saucers for a tea party
- Ladybug costumes and headbands
- Flowers and plants, either real or silk
- Watering cans
- Bug catchers
- Ladybug wall hangings
- A garden themed pinata
Ladybug Party Decorations
- If you're using solid partyware, decorate in red and black. If you'd rather use themed partyware, check out our ladybug birthday supplies and decorate in springtime pastels.
- Cover the table with a red tablecloth, cut circles out of black felt, and glue to the tablecloth.
- Make an easy ladybug decoration by painting the bottom of a paper plate red and painting on spots. Cut a half circle out of black construction paper for the head, and glue to the paper plate. Hang the ladybugs around your party area.
- Hang colored streamers from tree branches in the yard. They will float in the breeze and add to the party atmosphere.
- For table decorations, line miniature clay flowerpots with green plastic wrap and fill with small candies; then place a round lollipop standing up in the center of each pot to resemble a flower.
- Collect round rocks from your yard or purchase stones from a craft store. Spray paint the rocks bright red, and allow them to dry. Draw black spots and faces on the ladybugs and paste on googly eyes. Place the ladybug rocks around the party area.
- Tie groups of red and black helium balloons together and anchor them in place with balloon weights. For greater impact, combine shaped balloons, such as a butterfly balloon, with colorful latex balloons. Tie a balloon to the back of each chair, and tie a group of five balloons to the birthday child's chair!
- A ladybug pinata doubles as a decoration and an activity.
- Decorate your party area with sunflowers or other flowers, or create flowers from construction paper and hang on the walls.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome Ladybugs" and hang it near the entrance of the party area. Let us do the work for you by ordering a personalized ladybug banner.
- Make various sandwiches and cut with a flower-shaped cookie cutter.
- Ladybug Fruit Treats: Cut a red apple in half, and cut out the core and seeds. Push chocolate chips point-first into the apple's skin to make the ladybug's spots. (Note: You may want to poke small starter holes using the tip of a knife, making it easier to push in the chocolate chips.) Serve each ladybug on a leaf of romaine lettuce.
- Ladybug Fruit Salad: Create watermelon balls with a melon scooper and add in other pieces of cut fruit.
- Ladybugs on a Log: Fill celery stick "logs" with raspberry cream cheese, and add dried cranberries on top.
- Chocolate-covered ladybugs: Melt chocolate chips and have kids dip strawberries into the chocolate.
- Pour red punch from a clean, new watering can. Serve drinks with flower-shaped silly straws.
- Ladybug Birthday Cake: Frost a round cake red and a single cupcake black. Create spots by covering the cake with Junior Mints or mini Oreos. Place the cupcake next to the main cake to create a head and add two licorice strings for antennae. Or make things easy on yourself by using a ladybug cake pan.
- Ladybug Cupcakes: If you'd rather not bake a cake, make individual ladybug cupcakes. Frost with red icing, top with black M&Ms, and use a mini Oreo or Junior Mint for the head.
Party Favor IdeasLadybug Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with a garden full of party favors! To find a large variety of ladybug themed party favors, visit our Ladybug party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Ladybug wind-up toys
- Ladybug lip gloss keychains
- Ladybug rings
- Pom pom boppers
- Ladybug notepads
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Ladybug Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Ladybug Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.