Kung Fu Panda Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
If your child loves the Kung Fu Panda movies, then kick off your party planning with Po and The Furious Five! Read on to discover our Kung Fu Panda party ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games.
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Kung Fu Panda (rated PG) or Kung Fu Panda 2 (rated PG) to play in the background
- Plastic martial arts toys such as nunchucks, throwing stars and bo staffs
- Kung Fu Panda action figures
- Noodle bowls and chopsticks
- Bamboo plants
- Straw Chinese hats
- Martial arts black belts
- Gymnastic mats
- A pinata
Kung Fu Panda Party Invitation Ideas
- Write your party information in calligraphy on a piece of parchment paper. Roll the paper into a tube and tie with a red bow. Deliver in a small mailing tube.
- Since Po worked in a noodle restaurant you can include a package of Ramen noodles and chopsticks with your invitation.
- Make panda faces out of construction paper and write your party information on the back.
- Roll a 2-foot piece of white cloth into the shape of a martial arts headband. On one side, in the middle, draw Po's face. On the back write your party details with a permanent marker. Your guests can wear their headbands to the party.
- Dress your child up as Po with panda ears and a karate belt. Take a picture to use as the front of your invitation. On the back of the invitation write a cute rhyme such as:
Jacob's having a birthday and invites you, To eat lots of cake and learn some Kung Fu! An adventure awaits those who hang out with Po, So grab your black belts and head to our dojo!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Kung Fu Panda Party Decoration Ideas
- Pass out Chinese straw hats and black belts to your guests as they arrive.
- Hang paper lanterns around the room and tissue paper flowers.
- Set the party table with chopsticks and bamboo placemats.
- Set bamboo plants around the room along with other flowers and plants.
- Play one of the Kung Fu Panda movies quietly in the background.
- Decorate the area with pictures of The Furious Five or pictures of a praying mantis, tiger, monkey, crane, viper and, of course, pandas.
- Hang a personalized banner that reads "Welcome to Our Dojo."
- Chinese parasols, oriental fans and other Asian-inspired items also can help set the mood.
- Draw simple Chinese characters and place them around the room.
Kung Fu Panda Party Food Ideas
- Sweet and sour chicken
- Fried or steamed rice
- Chow mein
- Mixed vegetables with Teriyaki sauce
- Sweetened iced tea and iced green tea
- Egg Rolls
- Pot stickers
- Fortune cookie cupcakes. Bake cupcakes (any flavor) and decorate with red icing. Top each cupcake with a fortune cookie.
- Mandarin orange slices over ice cream
- Don't forget to serve fortune cookies. You can either purchase or make your own if you're adventurous.
Kung Fu Panda Cake Idea Create your own Kung Fu Panda cake featuring Po and his catchphrase "Skadoosh!" Simply follow our diagram below to decorate a rectangular cake.
Party Favor Ideas
Kung Fu Panda Party Favor Ideas
- Ninja figures
- Throwing discs
- Chinese character bracelets
- Karate headbands
- Wacky whirlers
- Shaped rubber band bracelets
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.