Kung Fu Panda Party Ideas
If your child loves the Kung Fu Panda movies, then kick off your party planning with Po and The Furious Five! Read on to discover our Kung Fu Panda party ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games. Shop our Kung Fu Panda Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Kung Fu Panda party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Kung Fu Panda party:
- Kung Fu Panda (rated PG) or Kung Fu Panda 2 (rated PG) to play in the background
- Plastic martial arts toys such as nunchucks, throwing stars and bo staffs
- Kung Fu Panda action figures
- Noodle bowls and chopsticks
- Bamboo plants
- Straw Chinese hats
- Martial arts black belts
- Gymnastic mats
- A pinata
- Write your party information in calligraphy on a piece of parchment paper. Roll the paper into a tube and tie with a red bow. Deliver in a small mailing tube.
- Since Po worked in a noodle restaurant you can include a package of Ramen noodles and chopsticks with your invitation.
- Make panda faces out of construction paper and write your party information on the back.
- Roll a 2-foot piece of white cloth into the shape of a martial arts headband. On one side, in the middle, draw Po's face. On the back write your party details with permanent marker. Your guests can wear their headbands to the party.
- Dress your child up as Po with panda ears and a karate belt. Take a picture to use as the front of your invitation. On the back of the invitation write a cute rhyme such as:
Jacob's having a birthday and invites you, To eat lots of cake and learn some Kung Fu! An adventure awaits those who hang out with Po, So grab your black belts and head to our dojo!
Kung Fu Panda Party Decoration Ideas Here are some ways you can turn your home into the Valley of Peace for a day!
- Pass out Chinese straw hats and black belts to your guests as they arrive.
- Hang paper lanterns around the room and tissue paper flowers.
- Set the party table with chopsticks and bamboo placemats.
- Set bamboo plants around the room along with other flowers and plants.
- Play one of the Kung Fu Panda movies quietly in the background.
- Decorate the area with pictures of The Furious Five or pictures of a praying mantis, tiger, monkey, crane, viper and, of course, pandas.
- Hang a personalized banner that reads "Welcome to Our Dojo."
- Chinese parasols, oriental fans and other Asian-inspired items also can help set the mood.
- Draw simple Chinese characters and place them around the room.
- Sweet and sour chicken
- Fried or steamed rice
- Chow mein
- Mixed vegetables with Teriyaki sauce
- Sweetened iced tea and iced green tea
- Egg Rolls
- Pot stickers
- Fortune cookie cupcakes. Bake cupcakes (any flavor) and decorate with red icing. Top each cupcake with a fortune cookie.
- Mandarin orange slices over ice cream
- Don't forget to serve fortune cookies. You can either purchase or make your own if you're adventurous.
Party Favor IdeasKung Fu Panda Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for earning their black belts with awesome party favors! To find a large variety of Karate party favors visit our Kung Fu Panda Party Supplies and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Ninja figures
- Throwing discs
- Chinese character bracelets
- Karate headbands
- Wacky whirlers
- Shaped rubber band bracelets
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.