Knight Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Throw a medieval birthday bash for your brave little boy with our Knight Party Ideas! We have provided some general party planning tips as well as great knight-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions that will delight all the gallant guests at your party!
Knight Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Knight party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Knight party:
- Plastic or inflatable swords and shields
- A knight-themed movie such as A Kid in King Arthur's Court or The Sword in the Stone
- Toy stick horses
- Write your invitation details in cursive or calligraphy on a sheet of construction paper. Roll the paper and tie with a red or purple ribbon. Deliver these to your guests.
- Fold a piece of construction paper or card stock in half to create a card-style invitation. On the front, draw the shape of a shield and write "Here Ye, Here Ye" in the middle. Write your party details inside.
- Print out a picture of your child's favorite knight character - like King Arthur, Sir Lancelot or Merlin - and paste this to the front of your invitation. Write "[character name] Invites You to [child name]'s Knights of the Round Table Birthday!
- Attach a card-style invitation to a small plastic or inflatable sword. Either hand-deliver or send in a padded envelope.
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
Knight Party Decorating & Food
Decorate your party space with decorations worthy of a knight. Here are some decorating ideas that will help you create an epic adventure for your little knight on his birthday:
- Lay a cardboard drawbridge at the door for the children to walk over.
- Cut a rock shape out of a large block of Styrofoam. Spray paint the faux rock gray, and allow it to dry. Embed a toy sword in the rock, and use it as an Excalibur centerpiece.
- Cut crests out of poster board, and decorate them with different symbols and colors. Affix one to the back of each guest's chair to symbolize their coat of arms.
- Get a variety of large and medium boxes from your local appliance
store. Cut a jagged edge on top and spray paint them gray so they
resemble the walls of a castle. Arrange the boxes around the party
entranceway, but leave an opening large enough for your guests to walk
through on their way into the party area.
- Create a knight in shining armor by covering pants and a long-sleeve shirt in tin foil. Put the clothes on a mannequin, or stuff them with newspaper and prop them up in the corner of the party area.
- Make a "Happy Birthday" banner with your child's name on it and hang it near the party entrance. To save time, consider our personalized knight banner.
- Make red, yellow, and purple flags out of fabric or construction paper and string them together, alternating colors. Hang them around the ceiling or from tables.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve some snacks from the middle ages, consider these ideas:
- For effect, serve all the party food in metal buckets or pans.
- Serve meatball and veggie kabobs on wooden spears.
- Make a label for a bowl of cheese-flavored tortilla chips that says "dragon scales".
- Make red, purple, or green jello in a shallow cake or pie pan and once set, use a cookie cutter to cut out diamond shapes to serve.
- Serve your guests food "medieval style"that is, with plenty of napkins but no utensils. Let them feast on giant turkey legs and corn on the cob. Or, for smaller partygoers, use chicken legs and French fries.
Knight Party Favors
Thank your guests with medieval party favors! To find a large variety of knight party favors, visit our Knight party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Inflatable swords and shields
- Dragon and knight figures
- Knight sticker books and temporary tattoos
- Bubble swords
- Dragon masks
- Color your own castle kit
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops