Call To Arms
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- A Playground Ball (or other ball that bounces well)
- A Hard, Outdoor Playing Surface
- Give each player a nickname, such as Green Knight, King Arthur, Merlin, etc.
- To begin the game, one player bounces the ball as high into the air as possible and calls out the nickname of another player.
- As soon as the ball leaves the bouncer's hand, all of the players run away except for the player who has been called; this player must try to catch the ball before it hits the ground again.
- If the called player is successful in catching the ball, he or she becomes the bouncer, bouncing the ball into the air and calling the nickname of another player.
- As before, the called player must rush to catch the ball before it hits the ground.
- If a player fails to catch the ball, that player is out of the game, and the last bouncer bounces the ball again.
- Play continues until only one player remains and is named the winner.
Top of Page