Kitty Cat Party
Does your child love kittens, cats and all things feline? Then our kitty cat birthday party is the purrr-fect way to celebrate your child's special day! You'll find our kitty party games and other planning ideas can be easily tailored for a variety of age groups. From toddlers to teens, all kids love cats! Shop our Kitty Cat Party Supplies Browse this guide: Cat Invitations Cat Decorations Cat Party Food Cat Party Favors Cat Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Kitty Cat party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your kitty party:
- A movie featuring cats such as Garfield: The Movie (rated PG), That Darn Cat (rated G), The Aristocats (rated G), Milo and Otis (rated G), or Cats & Dogs (rated PG)
- Cat toys to use as decorations
- A real friendly cat (make sure no one is allergic)
- Stuffed animals
- Cat costumes
- Posters of cute kittens and cats
- A pinata
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized cat party supplies or toy cat with a length of curling ribbon.
- Include a cat sticker with each invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized cat party sticker with party information!
- Fold card stock in half, and decorate the front with cat stickers. You could also check at a craft store for cat die cuts to use on the cover. For those with computer skills, clip art of cat designs could also be printed directly onto the card stock. Add your party details to the inside of the invitation.
- Use creative wording on the invitation, and your guests will be excited before the big day arrives! Consider using our example, or write your own:
We've got a birthday invitation to announce, So get ready to purr, meow and pounce! We'll play lots of games and snack on some chow, Laura's kitten party will be the cat's meow!
- Consider asking guests to bring cat food instead of a gift. For children with an abundance of toys, this could be a wonderful opportunity to experience the joy of giving to animals in need. Help your child bring the donations to a nearby animal shelter, Humane Society, or Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals on the day after the party. Your child will surely be filled with a sense of pride as you leave, and this experience could be better than any gift!Note: Please call the animal shelter in advance, since they probably use a specific brand of cat food. They may also be in need of items such as leashes, cat litter, or cat toys, and you will want to include this information in the party invitation.Suggested wording on your invitation could be: Instead of a gift for [your child's name], please bring a gift for cats at the [name of animal shelter you have chosen]. Their wish list includes _____ brand of cat food, cat toys, cat litter, and leashes (or whatever items your chosen animal shelter currently needs).
- For a special touch, let us print cat party personalized invitations for you!
Kitty Cat Party Decoration Ideas Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a kitty cat atmosphere for your party. Try just a few ideas, or go all out!
- Let paw prints lead the way! Use sidewalk chalk to draw kitty paw prints on the driveway or sidewalk. Then use dry erase markers to create paw prints on windows or mirrors inside the house.
- Draw cat faces on balloons with a black marker. Attach construction paper ears, and place them around the party space. Mix these in with cat balloons.
- Create large signs shaped like fish. Add cute sayings like "Wipe Your Paws", "No Dogs Allowed", and "Kitty Crossing".
- Your child's own stuffed cats will make great decorations. Set a group of toy cats on the table as a centerpiece, or place baskets filled with stuffed cats around the party space.
- Cut fish shapes from construction paper to use as place cards for the table.
- Make balls of yarn by wrapping pink, brown, or green yarn around small Styrofoam balls. Fill several bowls with the balls of yarn and set them out as decorations.
- Use a washable marker to draw a nose and cat whiskers on your guests as they arrive.
- Ask an older child or adult to make balloon animals for the children. Use our easy Balloon Animals Kit which includes an instruction book, balloons, and balloon inflator. There's no need to master the entire book! One or two basic shapes will delight young children.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to [your child's name]'s Kitty Cat Party!" and hang it near the party entrance. See our selection of cat banners and let us do the work for you!
- Place a group of stuffed cats on a pedestal cake plate in the middle of the food table as the centerpiece.
- Serve snacks, ice cream and cake in new, clean cat bowls. Use paint pens or permanent markers to personalize the bowls with the children's names. If desired, add drawings of fish and paw prints.
- Consider serving food that cats like, such as cubes of cheese, tuna fish sandwiches cut into quarters, and goldfish crackers.
- Serve cookies or sandwiches cut with fish, cat, or bone cookie cutters. Brownies or crispy rice cereal treats can also be served in these shapes.
- Offer "Cat Chow" made from cereal snack mix.
- Make a few "Catnip" labels for empty containers, and fill them with round children's cereal, goldfish crackers, or gummy fish candy.
- Serve your drinks with fun plastic cat straws.
- Kitties love warm milk! Heat a pan of milk until just warm. Pour a small amount into a bowl for each child, and invite the children to sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon over the warm milk. Then let them lap up the milk with a spoon.
- Bake your favorite cupcake batter and frost each cupcake in colors of your choosing.
- Use green jelly beans for the eyes.
- Use one pink jelly bean as the nose.
- Make whiskers with shoestring licorice.
- To make pointed ears, cut round cookies (we suggest vanilla wafers or Oreo cookies) into four quarters with a serrated knife.
Party Favor IdeasKitty Cat Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with party favors they'll pounce on! To find a large variety of cat party favors, visit our Cat party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Kitten figurines
- Cat shaped straws
- Cat themed pencils and notepads
- Plush cat toys
- Fun shaped lollipops and candy
- Shaped rubber bands
- Reusable tote bags
- Costume jewelry
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Kitty Cat Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Kitty Cat Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.