What You'll Need:
- A Large Indoor Playing Area (carpeted and cleared of furniture)
- Masking Tape
- A Soft Indoor Football
Using masking tape, mark 2–4 first-down lines on each side of the playing area, as well as goal lines on either end.
At the Party:
- Divide your guests into two equal teams.
- Have each team select a quarterback and a center.
- Tell the players that they must play on their knees. They can pass (if you allow them to), but it isn't very effective in this game.
- The players will find that "running" the ball is best.
- Let your guests play for 10-minute intervals.
You can set your own rules or use these general guidelines:
- Make 2–3 first-down lines on each half of the playing area.
- Make a touchdown worth 7 points.
- Skip field goals.
- Give a total of 3–4 downs to make a first down.
Close supervision is required to make sure that tackling isn't too rough.