Makes 4 large sticks.
- 1½ Cups of Warm Water
- 3½ Cups of Plaster Patch (available at hardware stores)
- 6 Tablespoons of Washable Tempera Paint
- Toilet Paper or Wrapping Paper Tubes Cut into 6" Lengths
- 1 Large Plastic Mixing Bowl
Note: If you make more than one color of chalk, use separate bowls for each color.
- 1 Roll of Masking Tape
- 1 Wooden Paint Stirrer or a Spoon for Mixing
- Use the masking tape to cover one end of each paper tube.
- Pour the warm water into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in Plaster Patch until the mixture is the consistency of sour cream.
- Add tempera paint powder to the plaster mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the plaster mixture into the paper tubes.
- Gently tap the tubes to remove any air bubbles.
- Let the chalk dry in the tubes for 2 days.
- Tear the paper from around the chalk and be creative!