- 8 Ounces of Craft Glue, Such as Elmer's
- 2 Cups of Water
- Several Drops of Tempera or Poster Paint for Color
- 1½ Teaspoons of Borax Powder (available at most grocery stores).
Note: Some laundry detergents contain borax, but that won't work. You need to get pure Borax Powder.
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden Paint Stirrer or a Spoon for Mixing
- Wax Paper
Note: This is just to protect your counter; it isn't a necessity.
- 1 Airtight Container
- Pour the craft glue into the larger mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup of water.
- Add several drops of paint and stir until well blended.
- Slowly pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Put a sheet of wax paper on a clean section of countertop and turn the mixture out onto it.
- Knead the sticky mixture until it's smooth and stretches easily. Voila! You have Goop!
- Store your Goop in the airtight container.
Top of Page