- 4 Teaspoons of Vegetable Shortening, Such as Crisco
- 2 Teaspoons of White Flour
- 5 Teaspoons of Cornstarch
- 8 Drops of Glycerine (available at drug stores)
- 1 Pack of Gel Food Coloring (available at grocery stores)
- Several Small Cups
- Cold Cream (to apply before painting)
- Cotton Swabs, Such as Q-Tips
- A Small Paint Brush
- Mix the shortening, flour and cornstarch until it forms a thick paste.
- Add the glycerine drops and stir until the mixture is smooth and easily spread.
- Divide the mixture into several small cups.
- Add the food coloring gel in small amounts to each cup and mix until you get colors you like.
- To make the paint easier to remove, smooth a little bit of cold cream onto the child's cheek before applying the face paint.
- Use a paint brush or cotton swab to paint on your design.
Note: Paint is removable with soap and water.
Top of Page