How to Play:
- Explain to the children that in this game of tag, the person who is 'it" must slither on their stomach like a snake to tag the other players.
- The catch is that the other children have only a small playing area in which to run.
- Describe the boundaries of the playing area and make it fairly small.
- Then, choose a person to be the snake and have her/him lie on the ground on her/his stomach.
- All the other players should stand close to the snake and try to touch her/him.
- When you shout "snake in the grass!" everyone starts running, but they must stay inside the playing area boundaries.
- The snake, moving on her/his belly, tries to tag as many players as possible.
- Anyone tagged becomes a snake, too.
- The last person caught is the first snake in the next round of the game.
Top of Page