John Deere Farm Party Ideas
Throwing a party for a future farmer in your family? Plow through this post for some “deere” ideas that will make every dirt-lovin’ overall-wearing birthday boy sprout with excitement. The name is nearly synonymous with the word tractor and whether it's a riding mower for a lawn or giant farm equipment, the green and gold trademark look with a leaping deer logo is one that everyone can recognize. John Deere was founded in 1837 by a man of the same name, a blacksmith by trade. The business really took off when John Deere created a self-scouring steel plow that didn't need to be cleaned like wood and iron plows. Deere scaled up production and grew the business and now his tractors are stored in garden sheds and big red barns across the country.
There is something about farming equipment that fascinates some young kids (plus some kids at heart) and this John Deere Birthday Party is for all the farming fans out there. Thanks to farmers we get to eat all the bounty of the land and they deserve to be celebrated. Get ready to set up your next farming party with plenty of trusty tractors on the scene with these John Deere Party Supplies.
John Deere Party Invitations
Plant these John Deere Tractor Personalized Invitations in your guest’s mailboxes and watch their party enthusiasm grow! You could even tuck in a packet of seeds for the guest to grow in their own garden.
John Deere Party Decorations
Set the party up outside for a true farm-like feel. Cover insulation board from the home improvement store with these Barn Door Props. For the table, layer a John Deere Table Cover on top of a Solid Yellow one and to break up all the green and yellow, use brown packing paper as a table runner.
Carry the iconic John Deere yellow and green onto the barn door backdrop with a fabric garland made from Bandanas. Simply cut the bandanas into strips then tie them onto thick cording. As you tie them they will fray a bit, giving the garland that farm worn look.
Transform John Deere Large Wall Decals into party décor by mounting them on foam core board and trimming to shape. We hung the logo decal front and center on the barn door backdrop. Set others on the tabletop or attach to wreath hangers for added height.
Decorative straw bales add rustic charm and texture to the party décor. Group a toy tractor with a Lantern for a quick and thematic centerpiece.
Sow place settings with plenty of John Deere tableware. Fill the table with John Deere Dinner Plates planted atop Yellow Plastic Plates then fertilize with a wind-up tractor toy. Next, layer John Deere Beverage Napkins over John Deere Tractor Luncheon Napkins and add a John Deere Cup coupled with a Yellow Dot Paper Straw. Finish each place setting with a “pitchfork” and “shovel” … aka a yellow fork and spoon.
John Deere Party Food
- Instead of a traditional cake opt for a mix of cupcakes set in the shape of a tractor.
- Fill a bucket full of “chicken feed” for little chicks to munch on.
- Yellow and Green Mini Unicorn Pops stand tall when skewered into a straw bale.
- Lemonade boxes are both colorful and perfect for portion control.
- All eyes will be on these ears of corn. Fill Clear Cello Bags with corn pop cereal and shape into cylinders. Unfold a Green Beverage Napkin and place a “corn cob” in the center. Gather the napkin around it and secure with a rubber band. Tie raffia over the rubber band for a fresh from the farm nod.
- Guests will furrow fast to these cute candy tractors. A package of green stick gum is the base and we used glue adhesive dots to hold all the parts together.
- Set up a “Farmer’s Market” full of fresh produce so that little growers have an alternative to all the sugary indulgences.
- Everyone will dig into “punny” treats such as chocolate donut “Tractor Tires”, marshmallow cereal bar “Haystacks” and “Cow Pie” chocolate cookies.
- Create food labels that mimic plant markers. Attach labels to bamboo skewers and embellish with John Deere Stickers. Tie with raffia for that final rustic touch. Get the food label pdf HERE.
John Deere Party Activities
Propagate a photo booth spot on the ranch for guests to pose in front of. Provide Bandanas and Straw Hats to dress up in and set the scene with hay bales and a Barn Stand In. No worries if you don’t have a real tractor for little ranchers to take their picture with … just mount a tractor wall decal on foam core and set alongside the barn.
Guest farmers might also enjoy racing their tractor wind-up toys. Use sidewalk chalk to mark a start and finish line then let everyone take turns teaming up for tractor heats
John Deere Party Favors
When the little growers are ready to return to their urban dwellings gift them a John Deere Favor Box filled with fun trinkets such as a Wheel Yo-Yo, a John Deere Sticker Sheet, fruity candy in a green box and of course their wind-up tractor toy. For added John Deere flair, tie a strip of bandana to the box handle.