What You'll Need
- A bale of hay
- A variety of candy, small plastic toys, stickers, and other favor items
At the Party:
- Select a 10' x 10' area in your backyard or on your patio where you can spread out the hay. (You may want to put down some plastic first for easy clean-up after the party.)
- Scatter the toys, candy and other favor items on the ground within the chosen area, and then cover them with hay.
- Give each child a bag to hold the treasures they uncover.
- Send one child at a time into the hay; give each child 30 seconds to try and find as many items as possible.
- Repeat this process with each child until all of your guests have had a turn.
- If it appears that all of the hidden items have been found before every child has taken a turn, add in additional prizes.
- To make this harder for older children, you can blindfold them before letting them crawl through the hay.
Top of Page