Hockey Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
Does your child go crazy for face-offs? Does "icing" have an entirely different meaning at your house? Then get ready to throw the coolest Hockey Party ever! Our Hockey Party Ideas guide is full of great tips on hockey decorations, hockey party food, and hockey games and activities.
Hockey Party Planning & Invitations
Use typical Hockey party supplies and decorations to get your event started. Really put a spin on your hockey party with NHL items especially for your theme:
- Hockey movies like The Mighty Ducks (1992), and Miracle (2004)
- Hockey sticks and gear
- Air hockey table
- Construction sports cones
- A hockey pinata
- Cut out the shape of a hockey stick or puck from construction paper. Write the party details on the back.
- Invite guests to wear their hockey uniforms or jersey from their favorite team!
Hockey Party Decorations & Food
Use colors of your favorite hockey team's uniforms as inspiration for your Hockey party supplies and decorations. Take a look at some of our suggestions for Hockey decorations to get started:
- Cut out the shape of hockey masks, pucks and sticks out of construction paper and hang them around the party area. You can also create hockey wall decorations with fun sports sayings like "Go [favorite team name]!" or the logos of your favorite hockey teams.
- Group bunches of latex and hockey balloons together and weigh them down with balloon weights or sports equipment.
- Hang a personalized banner above the food table or by the entrance.
- Set up a hockey rink in your backyard or driveway using nets, sports cones and sidewalk chalk. Play a game of street hockey as a high-energy activity before food.
- Plan your hockey party to take place during a hockey game. Turn the game on in the background and root for your favorite team!
- Label traditional party foods with fun names. Serve treats that match your favorite hockey team. Try "Devils' Food Cake," or "Flyers Chicken Wings."
- Decorate a rectangular sheet cake to look like a hockey rink using red, white and blue frosting. Place small hockey player decorations on top of the hockey cake.
- Dip chocolate crme cookies in melted chocolate to create "hockey puck" cookies.
- Mold rice cereal treats around the ends of pretzel rods to create hockey stick shapes. You can dip the rice cereal treat end of the stick into multi-colored melting chocolates.
Hockey Party Favors
- Hockey favors and candy
- Hockey personalized items
- Sports trophies and toys
- Hockey equipment
- Water bottles and sports accessories