Hockey Party ideas
Does your child go crazy for face-offs? Does "icing" have an entirely different meaning at your house? Then get ready to throw the coolest Hockey Party ever! Our Hockey Party Ideas guide is full of great tips on hockey decorations, hockey party food, and hockey games and activities. Shop our Hockey Party Supplies. Hockey Planning & Invitations Hockey Party Decoration Tips Hockey Party Food Hockey Party Favors Hockey Party Planning Toolbox Hockey Games & Activities
What Do I Need For my Hockey Party?Use typical Hockey party supplies and decorations to get your event started. Really put a spin on your hockey party with NHL items especially for your theme:
- Hockey movies like "The Mighty Ducks" (1992), "Miracle" (2004), and "MVP: Most Valuable Primate" (2000)
- Hockey sticks and gear
- Air hockey table
- Construction sports cones
- A hockey pinata
- Include a hockey sticker with your hockey party invitations or seal the envelope with a personalized hockey sticker printed with the party details.
- Cut out the shape of a hockey stick or puck from construction paper. Write the party details on the back.
- Invite guests to wear their hockey uniforms or jersey from their favorite team!
- Include creative wording on your invitations such as:Get ready to party out on the ice. We'll eat cake, open presents and play games that are nice. If you love to score, check and skate Then come to [child name's] hockey party and don't be late!
- Cut out the shape of hockey masks, pucks and sticks out of construction paper and hang them around the party area. You can also create hockey wall decorations with fun sports sayings like "Go [favorite team name]!" or the logos of your favorite hockey teams.
- Group bunches of latex and hockey balloons together and weigh them down with balloon weights or sports equipment.
- Hang a personalized banner above the food table or by the entrance.
- Hang a hockey pinata in the party area. When the time to break the pinata comes, use a hockey stick instead of a bat!
- Set up a hockey rink in your backyard or driveway using nets, sports cones and sidewalk chalk. Play a game of street hockey as a high-energy activity before food.
- Plan your hockey party to take place during a hockey game. Turn the game on in the background and root for your favorite team!
- Label traditional party foods with fun names. Serve medallion-shaped tater tots and call them "Tater Pucks" and call pretzel sticks "hockey sticks." Serve treats that match your favorite hockey team. Try "Caps Ice Cream" (vanilla with Snow Caps), "Devils' Food Cake," or "Flyers Chicken Wings."
- Decorate a rectangular sheet cake to look like a hockey rink using red, white and blue frosting. Place small hockey player decorations on top of the hockey cake.
- Dip chocolate crme cookies in melted chocolate to create "hockey puck" cookies.
- Mold rice cereal treats around the ends of pretzel rods to create hockey stick shapes. You can dip the rice cereal treat end of the stick into multi-colored melting chocolates.
- Make a round layer cake and cover it with black fondant to look like a hockey puck. Write "Happy Birthday on it in the colors of his favorite team
- Serve your hockey party snacks in trophy cups or popcorn bags.
Hockey Party Favor IdeasSend your hockey party guests home with a smile with hockey favors such as:
- Sports trophies and toys
- Hockey equipment
- Water bottles and sports accessories
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.