Hello Kitty Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
If your daughter is crazy about Sanrio'sfictional feline character who's never seen without a bow, a Hello Kitty party is the purrfect theme for her next birthday! Read on for suggestions on how to throw an amazing Hello Kitty birthday party, including tips for invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more.
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Hello Kitty books
- Hello Kitty stationery
- Hello Kitty stuffed animals
- Hello Kitty pillows or bedding to use for decorations
- A Hello Kitty pinata
Hello Kitty Party Invitations
Creative invitations are the best way to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut the shape of a bow out of pink or red paper. Place a sticker on the center with celebration details and add glitter glue to the edges.
- Print Hello Kitty images from your computer and paste pictures on cardstock around the party info.
- Cut out invitations in the shape of Hello Kitty's head and then draw on her face and bow. Write event details on the back.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, tie red or pink ribbon around each envelope.
- Decorate your invitations with glitter glue, sequins, and stickers.
- Sprinkle glitter in the envelope for an extra special touch.
Decorating & Food Ideas
- Decorate in pinks, reds, and light pastels. Use plenty of balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your theme.
- Hang paper lanterns around the room.
- Use a Hello Kitty toy as a focal point and tie a bouquet of balloons to it.
- Opt for a foil fringe Hello Kitty centerpiece to spruce up any table.
- Inflate a Hello Kitty air walker balloon for a fun photo opp.
- Hang a customized banner to add a personal touch.
- Scatter pink sequins, party confetti, or small candies on the tabletop.
- Hang Hello Kitty posters on the wall.
Hello Kitty Party Food
- Provide each guest with abento box that features rice shaped as Hello Kittys head.
- Customize mini pizzas to put a cheesy spin on the iconic character.
- Shape yogurt to look like Kitty Whites head and customize with blueberry eyes, granola bar whiskers, a banana nose, and a bow made of strawberries.
- Add a pop of color to kids cups by serving pink lemonade.
- Make pink bow cookies and put them on top of vanilla cupcakes.
Hello Kitty Cake
- Bake a round cake.
- Print out a Hello Kitty face image from your computer, cut out the shape, and then trace it onto the cake using a toothpick.
- Cover Hello Kitty's face in white icing.
- Add black jelly beans for her eyes and a yellow jelly bean for her nose.
- Use black licorice laces or black gel frosting to make her whiskers.
- Create her signature bow below her ear using either red or pink icing.
- Alternatively, you can use a real bow and remove it before cutting the cake.
- Frost the rest of the cake outside of her face with pink icing.
Party Favor Ideas
Hello Kitty Party Favor Ideas
- Hello Kitty lip gloss necklaces
- Hello Kitty hair clips
- Hello Kitty pencils and erasers
- Hello Kitty stationery sets
- Hello Kitty temporary tattoos
- Hello Kitty activity books
- Personalized products like zipper pulls, bookmarks, and magnets.
For more Hello Kitty ideas, check us out on Pinterest.