Hanukkah Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
Hanukkah Party Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For my Hanukkah Party?
In addition to basic winter-themed or blue and white tableware, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hannukah party:
- Supplies for making sugar cookies like our shaped cookie cutters
- A Menorah
- White & Blue Latex Balloons and/or Blue & Silver Star Mylar Balloons
- White & Blue Streamers
- Table decorations, like blue or white table covers, personalized Hanukkah party placemats, and gold coins to scatter on the party table
- Winter and Hanukkah movies such as A Rugrats Chanukah, Balto, Happy Feet, and Frosty the Snowman
- Holiday music
- Yarmulkes for Your Guests
Creative invitations build excitement and set the mood before the party even starts! If you have time to make your own, consider these suggestions for your Hanukkah party invitations.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a bag of gelt or personalized Hanukkah items and hand-deliver them to your guests. Our personalized Hanukkah invitations work great with this idea! Just punch a small hole in one corner of the invitation and attach it to the bag or favor with matching curling ribbon.
- Seal your Hanukkah party invitation envelopes with our personalized winter stickers or personalized Hanukkah stickers for a special touch!
- Create a card-style invitation out of white cardstock. Paste a die-cut menorah on the front, or draw one on with blue marker. Draw flames coming off each of the candle sticks, color them in with glue, and sprinkle them with gold glitter. Write "You're Invited" on the front and all the party details inside.
- Write the words to the dreidel song on the front of a card-style invitation and decorate with stickers. Write all the party details inside.
Hanukkah Party Decorating & Food Ideas
A festive holiday atmosphere can really increase the fun and excitement at your Hanukkah Party. Here are a few Hanukkah decorations suggestions to get your creative juices flowing:
- Welcome your guests to your Hanukkah party with a Personalized Hanukkah Banner.
- Wrap empty boxes with colorful wrapping paper and set them on shelves around the party area. Set them on the food table to hold bowls of goodies.
- Decorate in blue, white and silver. Drape crepe paper streamers from the ceiling and anchor groups of balloons around the party area.
- Set up a menorah in an area where it can be seen, but will protect the candles from being blown out. Alternatively, use an electrical menorah.
- Cut snowflakes and Stars of David out of construction paper and hang them from the ceiling with blue, white or silver curling ribbon.
- Scatter gelt on all the tables in the party area.
- Cut out menorahs from large sheets of construction paper and use them as placemats.
- Make a menorah out of felt and attach it to the wall in the par
Here are some of our favorite Hanukkah party foods for your guests to enjoy!
- Mix blue M&Ms with rice Chex mix.
- For an easy dessert, serve cupcakes with peppermint ice cream.
- Make latkes (potato pancakes) and serve them with sour cream, applesauce, or jam.
- Make your own applesauce by combining apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a saucepan and cooking until smooth.
- Make edible menorahs by cutting a banana lengthwise. Insert 8 pretzel sticks along the banana and press mini marshmallows or raisins on the other end to represent candle flames.
- Serve sufganivah (traditional jelly doughnuts).
- Make sugar cookies in the shape of dreidels and menorahs. Make this an activity by allowing the children to frost the cookies in blue and white frosting.
- Make marshmallow dreidels. Stick a toothpick or pretzel stick through a marshmallow and attach a chocolate kiss to the top with some icing, so it comes to a point.
Hanukkah Party Favors
The holidays are a season of giving. Send your guests home from your Hanukkah party smiling with festive Hanukkah party favors! Here are a few Hanukkah party favor favorites:
- Personalized Hanukkah favors
- Bubblegum or chocolate Hanukkah gelt
- A Hanukkah story book
- A stuffed animal
- A box of colorful Hanukkah candles