Green Party Ideas
Arts and Crafts birthday parties are an enriching way to keep your party guests busy while they have fun! We have directions for unique craft projects, as well as ideas for crafty invitations, supplies, food and favors for your child's arts and crafts birthday party. Shop all our Birthday Party Supplies Browse this guide: Arts & Crafts Invitations Arts & Crafts Decorations Arts & Crafts Food Arts & Crafts Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Arts and Crafts party:
- Child-sized smocks, aprons or old shirts
- Crafts and activities kits
- Tables and chairs
- Quick dry glue and craft glue
- Washable markers, crayons and colored pencils
- Newspapers (to use as table covers during art projects)
- Punch a hole in a card-style invitation and attach it to a personalized bag tag or personalized bookmark with curling ribbon.
- Seal your arts & crafts party invitations envelopes with an art party personalized sticker printed with party details or a fun message!
- Use colored cardstock, ink and rubber stamps to design your invitations.
- Let your child finger paint or place their handprint on the cover of each invitation.
- Create your art party invitations out of marbleized paper. Then, write a poem on the inside such as:
Paper and markers and crayons and beads,Glitter and pom-poms and projects to weave, Put on your apron and grab a paint brush, It's Meg's arts & crafts birthday, so won't you join us?
Arts and Crafts Party Decoration Ideas
- Use solid paperware in a variety of colors to create a rainbow place setting.
- Make a table cover out of white craft paper. Place buckets of crayons on the table. At the party, encourage the guests to draw pictures on the paper.
- Ask your child to draw pictures on the walkway leading to your doorstep using sidewalk chalk.
- Face paint your party guests as they arrive. Only spend a couple minutes on each guest so that you have time for other activities.
- Decorate the walls in the party area with drawings your child has created over the years.
- Place tissue paper flowers in vases on the party table. These are easy to make and can be given out to guests as favors.
- Create mini pizzas using sliced bagels or English muffins as crust. Set pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pizza toppings in small bowls. Allow the children to assemble their own pizzas and then bake in an oven at 350 until the cheese is melted and the crusts are crispy.
- Serve peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese or deli sandwiches and have your guests use cookie cutters to create fun-shaped sandwiches.
- Bake sugar cookies and have the children decorate them using icing, candy and food coloring.
- Set up an ice cream bar and let the children choose their own flavor and toppings to create sundaes.
- Bake a round cake and let it cool.
- Using an empty orange juice can as a cutter, cut a hole towards the side of the cake. (This is a great way to sample some cake ahead of time!)
- Now you can frost the cake using white icing.
- Group same-colored jelly beans together in small circles to create a rainbow palette of colors around the top of the cake.
- Finish the cake off by placing a plastic paint brush across the center of the cake.
Party Favor IdeasArts and Crafts Party Favor Ideas The great part about having an Arts and Crafts birthday party is that the projects your guests make can serve as party favors! In case you want to send your guests home with something extra, here are some more favor ideas.
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Themed Birthday Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Arts and Crafts Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.