Go Diego Go Party ideas
If your little boy is as adventurous and animal-loving as the main character in Go Diego Go, then throw him a party with our Diego Party Ideas. These ideas include suggestions for invitations, decorations, activities, and more, which are sure to entertain even the wildest of beasts! Inviting boys and girls to the party? Check out our Dora the Explorer party ideas as well. Shop our Diego Party Supplies Browse this guide: Diego Invitations Diego Decorations Diego Food Diego Party Favors Diego Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsOne of your first decisions will be where to host your Diego Party. Hosting a party in your own backyard, where rambunctious boys can get out plenty of energy, is a great option. However, many parents prefer to host the party outside the home, so for this theme, you may want to consider a nature preserve, children's science center, or Latin restaurant. For additional ideas, see our article on When and Where to Have the Party. What Do I Need For the Party? Basic party supplies include paper tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery; a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. If you want to purchase themed tableware, instead of solids, consider our Diego Party Supplies. You may also want to rent or purchase other items to fit your theme, such as:
- Episodes of Go Diego Go on DVD
- Nature Books on Different Animals
- Disposable Cameras
- A Diego Pinata
- Fold a piece of cardstock in half to create a side-fold card, and paste a picture or sticker of Diego on the front. Inside, write your party details in English on the right and in Spanish on the left.
- Cut out photos of animals from nature magazines and paste them on the front of a top-fold card. On the inside, write, "Did you know that no two tigers have identical stripes? Find out more at [child's name]'s birthday party!"
- Write your party details in black marker on world maps. Roll the maps up and send them in mailing tubes to your guests.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a disposable camera or compass. Mail your invitations in padded envelopes.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:There is a place where nature is running wild, And coming to the rescue is a very special child! Leo is having a birthday and is inviting everyone, So bring your backbacks and get ready for some fun!
Diego Party Decorations Decorations that fit your theme are a great way to set the "adventurous" mood. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Diego loves animals, so if your child owns various stuffed animals, set them throughout the party area.
- Hang green streamers or ribbon from the ceiling to simulate tree vines.
- Balloons are a must at any party! Group together three to five helium balloons and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add themed Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups for added effect.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday Adventure!" Take a look at our Personalized Jungle Banners for inspiration.
- Make two signs for various items in the party area - one with the English word and one with the Spanish word. For example, put signs on the window that say "window" and "ventana".
- Set potted trees, plants, or inflatable trees around the party area.
- Hang a Diego Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
- If you are planning to serve a full meal, as opposed to snacks, set up a taco bar and let your guests build their own tacos. Include flour and corn tortillas, ground beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Set out a bowl of tortilla chips with several different dips to try - such as salsa, guacamole, black bean dip, or queso dip. For added fun, serve the chips in an upside-down safari hat.
- Make a fruit plate with tropical fruit, such as mango, papaya, pineapple, banana, and star fruit. Serve with vanilla yogurt for dipping.
- Make your own trail mix, then fill cupcake liners with the mix and set them out on a big platter for the kids to grab and go. (Homemade trail mix also makes a great addition to a favor bag!)
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make Mexican Hot Chocolate and serve with mini marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve churros or fried plantains with vanilla ice cream if you would rather not serve cake.
- For a Diego birthday cake, try this idea: Bake a 9"x13" cake and frost it in green frosting. Use blue frosting to create a 'stream' that goes through the center of the cake. Add tufts of 'grass' with dark green decorator icing and gumballs covered in grey frosting for 'rocks'. Add small plastic palm trees and Diego and jungle animal figurines.
Party Favor IdeasDiego Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with adventurous party favors! To find a large variety of Diego party favors, visit our Go, Diego, Go party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Diego telescopes
- Diego wristbands
- Diego stickers and temporary tattoos
- Jungle wind-up toys
- Mini animal cameras
- Compass clips
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Go, Diego, Go Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Go, Diego, Go Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.