Stained Glass Garden
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Crayons or Markers
- Construction Paper
- Colored Tissue Paper
- Scissors and/or an X-Acto Knife
- Give each guest a piece of plain white construction paper and ask them to draw a garden picture. Suggest that they include flowers, butterflies, ladybugs, etc.
- Instruct them to only draw the outlines and not color anything in yet.
- For safety purposes, you should assist each guest in cutting out shapes on their picture, using scissors or an X-Acto knife to create holes where it seems most appropriate. (For example, cut out the center of a flower, the wings of a butterfly, etc.)
- If using an X-Acto knife, be sure to lay the construction paper over a piece of thick cardboard so that you don't scratch the table.
- After cutting several holes in each picture, let the children glue tissue paper behind the holes.
- Finally, let your guests color the remaining un-cut portion of their pictures using markers or crayons.
- The children can tape their pictures to windows at home and watch the beautiful colors shine through!
Top of Page