Frog Party ideas
You'll have a hoppin' good time with our frog party ideas! Whether your child loves Kermit the Frog or the real green variety, our frog party decorating ideas and frog games will make your party toad-ally awesome! It's easy being green with our frog theme party guide! Shop all our Frog Party Supplies Browse this guide: Frog Invitations Frog Decorations Frog Food Frog Party Favors Frog Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Frog Party Supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Frog party:
- A movie featuring frogs such as The Princess and the Frog or The Muppet Movie
- Plastic frogs and paper lily pads
- A CD of frog noises
- Real or fake plants and flowers
- A pool or sprinkler
- A moon bounce for the children to hop in
- A pinata
- Cut frog shapes from heavy green paper. Draw a frog face on the front and write your party details on the back side.
- Another option is to cut a mouth slit in the paper frog and slide in a long pink paper tongue. Write the party details on the frog's tongue. You could even add an insect sticker on the end of the tongue!
- Use fun wording to invite your guests, such as "Leap on Over to Our Pad For Jessie's Hoppy Birthday Party" and "Ribbet Your Reply to 555-123-4567.
- Ask guests to dress in green.
- Seal the envelopes with frog stickers.
- For a special touch, let us print personalized frog invitations for you! We'll include your child's name and all the party details with a background design that complements your frog party theme.
Frog Party Decorations Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a froggy atmosphere for your party. Try just a few ideas, or go all out!
- Choose green as the main color for decorations such as streamers and balloons.
- Cut out lily pads from green paper and place them along the driveway to greet your party guests. Or use green sidewalk chalk to draw the lily pads, and write a guest's name on each one.
- Use houseplants and artificial trees to decorate the party space. Place toy frogs peeking out from behind the leaves.
- Use all the frog toys you already own to decorate. Include a few frogs using other toys, such as driving a plastic truck, or riding on a toy horse.
- Hang frog posters on the walls.
- Make a sign for your front door that says "Hop On In for [child's name]'s Birthday Party!
- Fill a wading pool with a few inches of water and scatter plastic frogs inside to create your own frog pond.
- Ask an older child or adult to make balloon animals for the children. Use our easy Balloon Animals Kit which includes an instruction book, balloons, and balloon inflator. There's no need to master the entire book! One or two basic shapes will delight young children.
- Make a banner that says "[Child's name]'s Hoppy Birthday" and hang it near the party entrance. See our selection of frog banners and let us do the work for you!
- Flies on a Log: Fill celery stick logs with peanut butter or cream cheese, and add raisins on top as the flies.
- Green Jell-O Frogs: This recipe will create firm Jell-O that can be cut into shapes and does not melt. Combine 4 envelopes (1/4 oz. each) of unflavored gelatin with 3 packages (3 oz. each) of lime flavored gelatin in a large bowl. Add 4 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved (about two minutes). Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan and chill until set (at least one hour). Either use a cookie cutter to cut frog shapes, or simply cut the Jell-O into triangles and press in two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Frogs in a Pond: Put one scoop of lime sherbet into a cup and add clear soda. The sherbet should float above the soda to resemble a frog's head peeking above the water in a pond. Then add two miniature marshmallows or mini chocolate candies to the sherbet for the frog's eyes. Serve with a spoon.
- Frog Birthday Cake: Bake any flavor cake in a 9" round cake pan, an 8" square cake pan, and two cupcake liners. When cool, cut two "L" shapes from the square cake and trim the edges into curves. These will become the frog's legs, and the two cupcakes will become the eyes (peel off the paper liner from each cupcake). Set the round cake on a platter as the body of the frog, and place the two cupcake eyes at the top. Set the "L" shaped cake pieces on either side of the round cake, with the long sides touching the round cake. The shorter side of each "L" piece should be facing away from the round cake. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold the pieces together.Next, cover just the top of the cupcakes in white frosting, and add blue frosting to the centers to complete the eyes. Then cover the rest of the cake in green frosting. Draw a smile from one side of the round cake to the other using a tube of black decorator icing. If you'd like, cut a strip of fruit roll-up to make a tongue. You've just created an adorable frog cake!
- Lily Pad Birthday Cake: Bake any flavor cake in a round cake pan. When cool, cut a small "v" shape from one side (you won't need this, so feel free to eat it!) so that the cake resembles a lily pad. Cover the cake with green frosting, and draw leaf veins with a tube of darker green decorator icing. Place a large plastic frog on top, and you're done!
Party Favor IdeasFrog Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with hopping party favors! To find a large variety of frog party favors, visit our Frog Party Page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Frog squirts
- Stretchy frogs
- Mini stuffed frogs
- Frog shaped sipper cups
- Bounce balls and bubbles
- Frog pencils and stickers
- Fun-shaped candy and frog lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Frog Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Frog Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.