Football Party Ideas for Kids
Score a touchdown at your football fan's next birthday with a tailgate football party! Read on for football birthday party decorating, food, invitation and game ideas. Ready? Set? Hike!
Football Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic football party supplies,
like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider
purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's
- Soft foam footballs
- Construction cones
- Football jerseys
- Popcorn bags
- A barbeque grill
- Face paint
- Big foam fingers
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized football party products or a football backpack clip with curling ribbon. Simply punch a hole in one corner of the football party invitation and include a sports sticker or temporary tattoo with your football party invitations.
- Cut the shape of a football out of brown construction paper. Draw stitching on the football with glue and then sprinkle silver glitter on top. After the glue dries, write your party details on the back of the invitation.
- Take a photo of your child wearing their favorite team jersey and football helmet. Print out enough 4 x 6 copies of the photo for each guest. Glue white construction paper to the back of the photo and write all the party details on it.
Football Party Decorating & Food
- Use your child's favorite team colors to inspire your color choices for table covers, balloons, crepe paper streamers and cutlery.
- Ask your guests to arrive wearing their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt. For guests who do not have a jersey to wear, provide white t-shirts that can be decorated with fabric markers.
- Purchase football cards or sports stickers and scatter them around the party table along with confetti.
- Use masking tape to place white yard markers on a green table cover to turn it into a football field. Build goal posts out of white LEGO bricks and place them at each end of the table.
- If it's football season, find a football game on TV that your guests might enjoy watching. Make sure you adjust the volume when you need to get the children's attention during games and cake.
- Ask an adult to dress in a football uniform and pose with the children for photos! Mail the photos with your thank you cards.
If the weather is nice, have a tailgate party and throw some burgers, chicken and hotdogs on the grill. Remember to cut your servings into small portions so that food is not wasted. Here are some other tasty treats you can serve at your football party.
- Serve popcorn in traditional popcorn bags. Set out various toppings your guests can add, such as caramel sauce, powdered cheese, melted butter and cinnamon.
- Serve drinks like fruit punch, lemonade and root beer in stadium cups with silly straws.
- Football can be a messy sport. Serve dirt cups to complement your football party theme.
- Sliders: Pound ground beef into a thin sheet about 1-inch thick. Cut the meat into squares. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers in a skillet on the stove or place the skillet on a barbecue grill. Top with cheddar cheese and serve on mini hamburger rolls.
- Touchdown Foot Longs: Wrap foot long hotdogs in crescent roll dough and bake at 350 until the rolls are just brown. Slice the baked crescent dogs into quarters and serve with spicy mustard.
- Football Cake Idea: Use a football shaped pan to make a quick football shaped cake or make your own jersey shaped cake. Bake two 9 x 13 cakes. Once the cakes are cool, frost between the two layers. Then carve the cake into the shape of a jersey. Use the icing to write his/her name and number, like a jersey.
- Team Trail Mix: Create a trail mix that represents your child's favorite football team. Mix together several corn and rice cereal brands (such as Kix and Rice Chex) with raisins and M&M candies that match the team's colors (for example, red and blue could represent the New York Giants).
Football Party Favors
Thank your guests with kickin' party favors! To find a large variety of football party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include: Mini foam footballs, Sports pencils and notepads, Trophies, Football backpack clips, Sports poppers, Bubbles, Reusable backpacks, and Fun-shaped candy Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.