Paper Football is fun game to play to cure the boredom blues. You can make the football using a sheet of paper and our directions below.
What You'll Need:
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- Markers (optional)
Fold a paper football by doing the following.
At the Party:
- Fold a sheet of paper in half vertically and crease.
- Fold that sheet of paper in half vertically again and crease. You should have a long skinny piece of paper.
- Now, fold the top right corner down to form a triangle and crease.
- Fold the triangle forward and crease.
- Continue folding the paper into triangles until you get to the bottom.
- There will be a little paper left over at the bottom. Fold this piece into a triangle and then tuck it into the "pocket" of the main triangle.
- If you like, decorate the football with markers.
- To play paper football you will need two players.
- Points are scored by taking turns flicking the paper football back and forth across a long table.
- Play until one person scores the number of points you choose (15, 21, 30). Here are how points are scored and what each point is worth.
6 points/touchdown: Flick the ball across the table. If the ball lands with one corner hanging over the edge of the table, a touchdown is scored.
1 point/field goal: If you score a touchdown, you then get a chance to kick a field goal. To do this, the player opposite the kicker makes goal posts with their fingers. Then, the kicker has one chance to flick the ball between the goal posts.
No points: If the ball goes off the table, you lose your turn and no points are scored.