Fireman Party Ideas
Created by June 14, 2016
Sound the alarm & grab your gear! This fire engine party is a high-energy theme for kids of all ages. The men and women out there dousing fires and saving lives are real-life heroes and it's no wonder so many kids want o grow up to be fire fighters. Let them feel like an honorary hero for their next birthday party. With our tips on planning the perfect party, the only fire you'll have to put out are the birthday candles!
With “official” firefighter training, a hot dog roast, and flame cupcakes, this is sure to be a party your child will remember!
Cheryl from Moms & Munchkins styled, wrote and photographed this Fire Engine Birthday Party. Stop by her blog to check out tons of red hot party ideas!
Fire Engine Party Invitations
- Join us to save the day!
- Get fired up for child name’s birthday party!
- Calling all firefighters to attend child name’s birthday party!
- You’ve been drafted for firefighter training! Check into child name’s firehouse on Date & Time of party at address.
- Stop, drop and roll on over to child name’s birthday party!
- Sound the alarm & grab your gear!
Fire Engine Party Decorating Ideas
For the table, I made a fire hydrant using a red flower vase/bucket and a red bowl from the dollar store with pieces of a red pool noodle for the other parts that make up a fire hydrant. Super easy to make!
I also included a firefighter’s best friend – a Dalmatian dog! This cute piñata could be used as decoration, a prop for the photo booth and as an activity (piñata) for the kids. Alternatively, check out this cute Paw Patrol Marshall piñata.
The party table wouldn’t be complete without a fire truck – check out this easy to assemble fire truck centerpiece.
Red, orange and yellow napkins can be rolled and placed into a metal pail to look like flames.
Use jumbo gold or silver foil balloons (to spell FIRE or the child’s birthday name on the party backdrop).
Here are some additional ideas for setting the scene at your fire engine party:
At the eating area, I used one of the fire truck centerpieces, cut a square out of the middle, placed a red favor bag in it and filled it with popcorn. Popcorn is always a fun little snack for party guests.
Here are some other supplies for setting your fire engine party table:
Fire Engine Party Food Ideas
Food ideas for this party theme include:
- hot dogs
- hot dog buns labeled as “Stop, Drop and Hot Dog Rolls”
- smoked meats and cheeses
- cheezies labeled as “flames”
Other party dessert ideas include:
Fire Engine Party Activities and Games
The kids could dress up as firefighters or Dalmatian puppies for the pictures. For fire hoses, you could use pool noodles with pretend water (blue crepe streamer paper) attached to the end of it. For something a little smaller, check out this fire trucks photo prop.
Other fire engine photo booth props include:
- making your own fire extinguisher out of a squirt water bottle – check out the DIY
- knocking down flames with water guns (could be as simple as paper flames glued onto empty plastic bottles)
- sliding down the firehouse pole (pole at the playground)
- using a small ladder to save a stuffed cat toy from a tree
- best fire alarm impersonation
- races of filling, carrying and emptying water pails in the garden