Throw a burning hot birthday bash your little firefighter will never forget with our firefighter birthday party ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great fireman party decorating ideas, food, game, and activity suggestions. Shop our Firefighter Party Supplies Browse this guide: Firefighter Invitations Firefighter Decorations Firefighter Food Firefighter Party Favors Firefighter Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need for the Party? In addition to basic Firefighter party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your firefighter party:
- Plastic fire extinguishers
- Dress up items such as red firefighter hats and fire chief badges for each guest
- Fire safety materials from your local fire station (usually free)
- Stuffed or plastic toy Dalmatians
- If you have a photo of your child on a fire truck, use it as the front of the invitation, and make color copies at your local copy shop.
- Use creative wording such as "Sound the Alarm! It's a blazing hot Birthday Party!" for your party details.
- Paste a cut-out of a Dalmatian on the front of a piece of cardstock, and add a sticker or a fire hose next to him. Write your party details above the scene.
- On a white piece of cardstock, add yellow and orange "flames" cut out from construction paper. Print your party details above the flames.
Firefighter Party Decorations Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a blazing hot atmosphere for your fireman party! Try just a few, or go all out!
- Visit your local fire station before the party and pick up fire safety activities they provide for children. Depending on what is available, these can be used as decorations, or as activities for the children as you wait for all the guests to arrive on party day.
- If you own a stuffed Dalmatian dog, set it by the entrance to the party.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to the (your last name) Fire Station!" and hang it near the party entrance. See our personalized firefighter banner for inspiration.
- Call your local fire station and ask if they can bring a fire truck to your house the day of the party. Many will do this as a community service to help children learn about fire safety, although you may want to make a donation in appreciation for their work. Remember that the firemen could be called to a real emergency that day, and may not be able to come to the party. For this reason, you may want to make it a surprise by not telling the birthday child or guests ahead of time. This will avoid disappointing the children.
- Cut large flame shapes from red and orange poster board. Attach them to your front door and windows, or on the walls of the party space.
- Decorate with any fire trucks and Dalmatians your child already owns. Arrange them on tables in groups of three or more.
- Place a yellow rain coat on the back of a chair, with a plastic fire extinguisher on the seat, and rain boots on the floor.
- Cut strips of red, orange, and yellow streamers, and hang them vertically from the ceiling to resemble flames.
- Make a fire truck from an empty appliance box by painting it red and cutting some windows. Draw the wheels and a hose with black paint, and add two stools inside for seats.
- Place cut-outs of trucks, firemen, or Dalmatians around the fireman birthday party area.
- Buy plastic firefighter badges and set them around the table at each guest's seat. Your guests can wear them when they arrive at the party.
- Use red and yellow sand pails decorated with firefighter stickers to hold chips, cutlery and napkins.
- Label your food with fire related names like Blazing Hotdogs, 2-Alarm Chili, Flaming Chicken Tenders, and Water-Hose Melon.
- Firefighter Cake - Here are three options for making a cake your child will love!
- Create a firefighter's helmet by baking a domed cake in an oven-proof bowl, and one round cake. Cut a crescent shape from the round cake to create the bill of the helmet (you won't need the rest of the round cake, so feel free to eat it as you decorate!); fit the crescent shape snuggly against the base of the domed cake. Next, cover both cakes with red frosting (i.e. white frosting with red food coloring in it). Then use gel food coloring in a dark color to create 3 crisscrossing lines across the top of the domed cake, to resemble the markings on a fire helmet. Affix a plastic fire chief badge to the front of the helmet, or draw the outline of a badge and use icing to write "Fire Chief" within it.
- You can turn a 9" x 13" rectangle cake into a fire truck. First cover it with red frosting, and then draw the outline of a fire truck using dark icing. For wheels, place two chocolate cookies at the bottom of the cake.
- Or use a fire truck cake pan to get a perfectly shaped cake!
- Dalmatian Cookies - Serve Dalmatian Doggie Biscuits! Just use our sugar cookie recipe, and a bone-shaped cookie cutter. After baking, ice the cookies with white frosting, and press chocolate chips upside down into the frosting to create spots.
Party Favor IdeasFirefighter Party Favors Thank your guests with fun favors that fit your firefighter party theme, such as:
- Small toy fire trucks
- Fire chief badges
- Red firefighter hats
- Small water squirt toys
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Firefighter Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Firefighter Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Water Balloon TossPlayers will team up to see who can "go the distance" in this fun water balloon game.
Copyright 2012 Birthday in a Box. All rights reserved. (2)