Fireman Party Ideas
Throw a burning hot birthday bash your little firefighter will never forget with our firefighter birthday party ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great fireman party decorating ideas, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Fireman Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic firefighter party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your firefighter party:
- Plastic fire extinguishers
- Dress up items such as red firefighter hats and fire chief badges for each guest.
- Stuffed or plastic toy Dalmatians
- If you have a photo of your child on a fire truck, use it as the front of the invitation, and make color copies at your local copy shop.
- Paste a cut-out of a Dalmatian on the front of a piece of cardstock, and add a sticker or a fire hose next to him. Write your party details above the scene
- On a white piece of cardstock, add yellow and orange "flames" cut out from construction paper. Print your party details above the flames.
Fireman Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a blazing hot atmosphere for your fireman party! Try just a few, or go all out!
- Visit your local fire station before the party and pick up fire safety activities they provide for children. Depending on what is available, these can be used as decorations, or as activities for the children as you wait for all the guests to arrive on party day.
- Call your local fire station and ask if they can bring a fire truck
to your house the day of the party. Many will do this as a community
service to help children learn about fire safety, although you may want
to make a donation in appreciation for their work.
- Cut large flame shapes from red and orange poster board. Attach them to your front door and windows, or on the walls of the party space.
- Cut strips of red, orange, and yellow streamers, and hang them vertically from the ceiling to resemble flames.
- Make a fire truck from an empty appliance box by painting it red and cutting some windows. Draw the wheels and a hose with black paint, and add two stools inside for seats.
- Place cut-outs of trucks, firemen, or Dalmatians around the fireman birthday party area.
- Buy plastic badges and set them around the table at each guest's seat. Your guests can wear them when they arrive at the party.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve some specific fireman birthday party snacks, consider these ideas.
- Use red and yellow sand pails decorated with firefighter stickers to hold chips, cutlery and napkins.
- Label your food with fire related names like Blazing Hotdogs, 2-Alarm Chili, Flaming Chicken Tenders, and Water-Hose Melon.
- Make Dalmatian Cookies - Serve Dalmatian Doggie Biscuits! Just use a sugar cookie recipe. After baking, ice the cookies with white frosting, and press chocolate chips upside down into the frosting to create spots.
Fireman Party Favors
Thank your guests with fun favors that fit your firefighter party theme, such as:
- Small toy fire trucks
- Fire chief badges
- Red firefighter hats
- Small water squirt toys
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers