Finding Nemo Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Whether your little one's favorite 'Finding Nemo' character is Dory, Marlin, Squirt, the seagulls, or Nemo himself, throw him or her an under-the-sea bash with our Nemo Party Ideas! From invitations to party favors, we have all the bases covered so your party goes swimmingly!
Finding Nemo Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Finding Nemo party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Finding Nemo party:
- Finding Nemo on DVD
- A bubble machine
- A salt water aquarium with clownfish and blue tang fish
- Stuffed animal fish or figurines
- Sea shells
- Print out movie stills from the Finding Nemo movie and write your party details directly on the photo. Each guest can have a different scene!
- Fold a piece of orange cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a clownfish so the card still holds together at the top. Use strips of white cardstock as the fish's stripes and draw on the details with black marker. Write your party details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a fish-shaped cookie cutter or fish silly straw. Send them in padded envelopes.
- Purchase seashells at a craft store, or collect them on the beach and wash and dry them thoroughly. Write your party details on the shells and send them in highly padded envelopes, or hand-deliver them to your guests.
Finding Nemo Decorating & Food
To provide your guests with a true under-the-sea experience, consider these options for decorations:
- Cover the ceiling, walls and floor with blue transparent cellophane
wrap to give the impression of being underwater.
- Set a bubble machine in one corner of the room.
- Hang plastic toy fish from the ceiling using clear fishing line.
- Fill fish tanks or fish bowls with water and add plastic fish, crabs, and starfish
- Place groups of stuffed clown fish, angel fish, starfish, and
sharks in the corners of the party area.
- Make octopus treats! Cut red licorice strings into 2" sections and attach 8 sections to a red gumball with a little red frosting. Draw on two eyes with black decorator icing.
- Serve goldfish crackers, Swedish Fish, gummy sharks, and sour gummy fish.
- Cook seashell-shaped pasta and spinach linguini and serve chilled with a little butter. Call it "Seaweed & Shells Pasta".
- Serve Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream.
- If you would rather not make a cake, make a Jell-o "ocean" instead. First, add blue and green jelly beans to the bottom of a shallow glass baking dish. Make blue-colored Jell-o and pour it over the jelly beans. Before the Jell-o sets, add gummy fish.
Finding Nemo Party Favors
Thank your guests with an ocean full of party favors! To find a large variety of Ocean party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Mini plush clownfish
- Bean bag sea creatures
- Silly fish squirts
- Ocean themed notepads
- Ocean themed stickers and temporary tattoos
- Gummy shark candy
- Fun-shaped lollipops