Farm Party Ideas
Plan a barnyard bash for your little cowpokes with our Farm Party Ideas! We offer general party planning tips as well as great farm-inspired decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions that are sure to delight the birthday child and all their guests!
Farm Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Farm party:
- Corn stalks
- Bales of hay for decoration and extra seating
- Costume items such as straw cowboy hats and bandanas for each guest
- Disposable Cameras
- Consider hiring a petting zoo to make an appearance at your party.
- Cut a barn from red cardstock, with double doors in the middle. Then make a small cut between the doors so they open, and attach the barn to another page. Print the party details on the page underneath, so they are revealed when the barn doors are opened. Draw white trim on the barn doors with a correction fluid pen, and add farm animal stickers to create the look of a barnyard.
- Cut the shape of a pig out of pink construction paper (make sure to
include a curly pink tail!).
- Attach a card-style invitation to a cowboy hat or personalized farm favor and hand deliver the invitations to your guests. Ask your guests to wear the hats to the party!
Farm Party Decorating & Food
Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a farm atmosphere for your party! Try just a few, or go all out!
- For napkins, roll bandanas and tie the middle of each with a piece of twine.
- If they're available, decorate with cornstalks or bales of hay. Use bales of hay for extra seating as well.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to the (your last name) Barnyard" and hang it near the party entrance
- Draw large pigs, sheep, and cows onto poster board, and attach to wooden stakes. Press the stakes into the ground, or attach them to the walls around the party space.
- Set out a little red wagon and fill it with hay. Ask a parent or two to pull the children around on hay rides.
- Stuff an old pair of overalls or jeans and a flannel shirt with
newspaper. Tie off the ends of the legs and shirt sleeves with twine or
rope. Set a hat down over the collar to make a scarecrow.
- Make a barn from a large cardboard box by painting it red and
putting stuffed animals inside. If you have stick ponies or a rocking
horse, set them outside the barn.
- Hire a small petting zoo or pony ride to come to the party. Or
create your own petting zoo by asking friends and neighbors to bring
their pets to the party.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve some farm-themed treats, consider these ideas:
- Serve the party food in wicker baskets and clean metal buckets.
- Barbeque style food is a good fit with this party theme. Try
hamburgers, chicken drumsticks, and hot dogs.
- Turn hotdogs into Pigs in a Blanket. Simply bake hotdogs in crescent roll dough.
- Turn your vegetable platter into a Vegetable Patch by arranging the cut vegetables in little rows. Add a small metal pail of dip in the corner.
- Prepare chocolate pudding in clear plastic cups, and place a toy pig on top. Call it Pigs Stuck in the Mud, and sprinkle crushed chocolate cookies around the pig as dirt.
- Create a lollipop flower garden using sheets of colored foam from the craft store, and wrapped lollipops. Cut flower shapes out of the foam and poke a hole through the middle. Slide the foam flower onto the lollipop stick to create a flower, and add a green leaf, if desired. Push all the lollipops into the ground and label the area the Flower Patch. Let the children pick and eat the flowers.
- Make animal cookies using animal-shaped cookie cutters.
Farm Party Favors
Thank your guests with a barnful of party favors! To find a large variety of farm party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Cowboy hats
- Sticker activity books and games
- Farm animal squirts
- Fun shaped candy and lollipops
- Farm lunch boxes
- Shaped rubber bands
- Animal shaped straws