Fall Party Ideas
Celebrate the beginning of Fall by throwing a party filled with colorful foliage, pumpkins and outdoor activities! Whether you're hosting a party at home or in a classroom, here are autumn inspired ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games! Browse all our Fall Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Fall themed party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Fall party:
- A cornucopia
- Petting zoo animals or a pony
- A nature trail or safe place to hike
- Bicycles, roller skates or scooters
- Purchase colorful paper cut outs of pumpkins or leaves and arrange them on a piece of cream colored cardstock. Print the invitation details inside the leaves. Inside the largest leaf print "Up and Autumn!" and then print the date and time in other leaves. Make color copies onto cardstock to create the number of invitations needed.
- Hand-deliver a small pumpkin along with your invitations. On the invitation write the following poem.
The leaves are changing and pumpkins are growing. An Autumn themed party is what we are throwing. Come play outdoors with Michele and her friends. We sincerely hope that you can attend!
- If you'd rather not make your own invitations, but still want a personalized touch, consider our Farm Friends Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you. We also offer Farm Friends Invitations that you can fill in yourself.
- Hang a fall wreath on the front door to welcome guests. Set a group of three pumpkins in different sizes near the front door.
- Decorate your backyard with a scarecrow and haystacks.
- Create a barnyard atmosphere with checkered tablecloths, bandanas, straw hats, stuffed animals, and wagons.
- Paint your guests faces as they arrive with foliage designs.
- Place colorful leaves inside clear balloons and inflate to add a special decorative element.
- Decorate the table with pumpkins and gourds, bowls of red apples, acorns, colorful autumn leaves, pine cones, and cornstalks.
- Serve small portions of turkey sandwiches or grilled hot dogs and hamburgers
- For snacks sever pumpkin bread, crispy rice cereal treats, roasted pumpkin seeds, donuts, and candy corn.
- You also might like to try our recipes for caramel popcorn and homemade pretzels.
- Other good snack choices include granola bars, oatmeal cookies, caramel apples, and carrot sticks.
- For dessert, serve warm apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Offer apple juice or hot chocolate to drink.
- Use 2 Bundt cake pans to bake what looks like the top and the bottom of a pumpkin. You can use whatever batter you choose. We suggest our yellow cake recipe.
- After the two halves of the "pumpkin" cool, carefully lay one on top of the other and frost. We suggest frosting the cake with our yummy butter cream frosting. Make sure to add orange food coloring to the frosting to get the right color for your pumpkin.
- Create a stem for the pumpkin by inserting a chocolate bar (such as Snickers) into the top middle of the cake.
- For the finishing touch, sprinkle green sugar confetti or sprinkles around the chocolate stem.
- If you'd like, write "Up and Autumn!" on the cake!
Party Favor IdeasFall Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for attending your Fall party with the following favors.
- Farm animal stampers, animal stickers, a small stuffed animal
- Mini pumpkins
- Complete Farm Favor Sets.
- Personalized favors
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Farm Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Farm Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.