Fairy Party Ideas
Does your little girl have a passion for pixies? Does she spend her pretend play time imagining that shes a fairy princess? If this sounds likeyour daughter, consider throwing her a magical birthday party with the help of these Fairy Party Ideas! In this guide youll find general party planning tips, as well as great ideas for fairy-themed decorations, food, games, and activities. Shop our Tinker Bell Party Supplies Shop our Princess Party Supplies Shop our Pinkalicious Party Supplies Browse this guide: Fairy Invitations Fairy Decorations Fairy Food Fairy Party Favors Fairy Games & Activities
For more Fairy ideas, check us out on Pinterest.
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basicparty supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Fairy party:
- Cookie cutters in star, flower, and/or butterfly shapes
- Costumeitems like fairy wings and a wand for each guest
- A bubble making machine
- Disposable Cameras
- Fold light purple cardstock in half, and decorate the cover with asticker. Print the words "I Believe in Fairies!" at the top, and add your party invitation details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of the invitation, and tie it with ribbon to the stem of an artificial flower. Either deliver the invitations by hand or use padded mailing envelopes.
- Ask the birthday girl to draw a picture of a fairy. Photocopy her drawing onto colored paper and add the party details. Then roll up all of the invitations into scrolls and tie a pink ribbon around them.
- Create a flower shaped invitation from cardstock so the petals fold down into a circle. When the petals are opened, it will resemble a blooming flower. Add the party details in the middle, so they will be revealed when the petals are folded open.
- For a special touch use personalized invitations that complement your fairy party theme.
Decoration Ideas From the moment your guests arrive it should be apparent what theme your little girl has chosen. Below you'll find suggestions forhow you can bringsome fairy fun to the environment of your party:
- Choose soft colors like pale green, pink, lavender, and white for the decorations.
- Use clear twinkle lights to outline the front door.
- Hang colored streamers from tree branches in the yard. They will float in the breeze and add to the magical fairy atmosphere.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to (your child's name) Pixie Dust Party" and hang it near the party entrance.
- Lay a cardboard drawbridge for the children to cross at the party entrance.
- Give fairy wings, atiara, and a wand for each guest as they arrive.
- Ask older siblings or neighbors to dress as fairies and help with the party games.
- Form a canopy over the party table using pink and lavender streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle (attached to the chandelier or the ceiling) out to the sides of the room.
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. Arrange groups of flowers on tables, floors, hanging from the ceiling, or tied to chairs.
- Cut large tree, toadstool, and castle shapes out of cardboard, paint them, and hang them on the walls of the party area.
- Turn on a bubble making machine to develop the ambiance.
- Combine clear mini lights with tulle netting and drape around the party space.
- Another option for creating a canopy is to hang yards of tulle netting from the ceiling. This can be done above the food table, or in another location such as a tree branch, to create a play area for your little fairies. Attach some butterflies and flowers from the craft store, and drape the netting outwards into a circular shape. Layer the end of the netting over chairs spread in a circle (if creating a play area), or the chairs around the food table.
- Spread flowers and glitter along the center of the main table.
- Make cardboard stars, cover in aluminum foil, and hang them from the ceiling.
- Prepare jam sandwiches and cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Serve vegetable dip in a hollowed out purple cabbage, or fruit dip in a hollowed out melon.
- Serve cut up fruit in clear plastic goblets.
- Prepare fizzy Enchanted Fairy Punch. Before the party, freeze either cranberry juice, pink grapefruit juice or fruit punch in ice cube trays. Then on party day, serve lemon-lime soda, and let each child drop in a "magic" ice cube that will make a pink drink fit for a fairy!
- Another option is to offer pink lemonade as your Fairy Punch, and serve it in tea cups.
- Make fairy wand cookies by sliding a wooden Popsicle stick under each star-shaped sugar cookie before baking. Bake as usual, and frost as desired. Try using oursugar cut-out cookiesrecipe, your own favorite recipe, or ready-made cookie dough from the grocery store.
- Chocolate dipped strawberries are a favorite fairy snack.
- Prepare Magic Wands from pretzel rods dipped in melted white chocolate. Before the chocolate hardens, dip in pastel sprinkles.
- Make star-shaped crispy rice cereal treats and sprinkle them with colored sugar.
- Ask your local pizza parlor to make individual heart-shaped pizzas for the guests.
- Fill a clear glass with Pixie Stix candy straws, and be sure to call them Pixie Dust!
- A bowl of jelly beans can be called Fairy Gems.
- Serve drinks with shaped silly straws.
- Use a castle cake pan design for the Fairy Birthday Cake. If your child has toy fairy figures, place them on the cake plate as decorations.
- Another option for a Fairy Birthday Cake is a mini wedding-style cake with a fairy figure on top. Simply bake one 9" and one 6" round cake. Stack the smaller cake in the center of the larger one, and cover the entire cake with pink frosting. Add the fairy figure as the cake topper. If you wish, add more decorations like colored sprinkles or frosting piped into flower shapes.
Party Favor IdeasFairy Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with enchanted party favors! Some suggestions of favors fairy lovers include:
- Fairy wands
- Fairy wings
- Fairy headbands or tiaras
- Fairy themed craft kits
- Costume jewelry
- Bubble wands and necklaces
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Tinker BellParty Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.