To make Ice Cream Jack O'Lanterns, you will need:
- Navel Oranges (1 per child)
- A Knife or a Permanent Black Marker
- Vanilla Ice Cream and/or Orange Sherbet
- A Cookie Sheet
Once you've gathered your ingredients and tools, follow these instructions to make the Jack O'Lanterns:
- Cut a round lid out of each navel orange.
- Hollow out the oranges by scooping the pulp out of each.
- Use a knife to carve a face in each orange, or draw on faces using a permanent black marker.
- Fill each orange with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and/or orange sherbet. If you carved faces into the oranges, be careful not to let any ice cream ooze out of the holes.
- Put the lids back on the oranges.
- Place the oranges on a cookie sheet and freeze them until you are ready to serve them.