To make a Ghosts in the Graveyard Cake, you will need:
- A Sheet Cake (made from any boxed mix or your favorite recipe)
- Chocolate Icing
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- A Large Ziploc Bag
- A Few Oval-Shaped Cookies (i.e. Nutter Butter, Milano, etc.)
- Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream
- Candy Pumpkins
Once you've gathered your ingredients and tools, follow these instructions to make the cake:
- Bake a sheet cake using your favorite recipe or boxed mix.
- Ice the sheet cake with the chocolate icing.
- Place the chocolate wafers into the Zip lock bag, seal it, and crush the wafers.
- Sprinkle the chocolate wafer crumbs over the iced cake to give the appearance of dirt.
- To form tombstones, press a few of the oval-shaped cookies into the cake, leaving half of each cookie showing.
- Drop Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream onto the cake by the spoonful to form several ghosts standing beside the tombstones.
- Add a few candy pumpkins to the cake for additional decoration.