Camouflage Chocolate Apples
- 8 Medium Green (Granny Smith) Apples
- 12 oz Package of White Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz Package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Green, Yellow, & Blue Food Coloring
- 8 Popsicle Sticks
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue in one minute intervals until the chocolate is a smooth, creamy consistency. Follow the same procedure for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Divide the white chocolate into three separate bowls and add food coloring to create three shades of green. Adding yellow to green will make it lighter, adding blue to green will make it darker.
- Push a popsicle stick into the top of each apple. Using the stick as a handle, dip the apple in the various shades of green and black chocolate at random locations to create a camouflaged look. Because the apple itself is green, the amount of chocolate you add is completely up to you, it will not need to be covered in chocolate to look camouflaged.
- Place apples in the refrigerator on waxed paper to cool for approximately 15 minutes before serving.
Top of Page