For this recipe you will make cookie dough first and then the cupcake batter second. The cookie dough gets baked inside the cupcake batter to create the ultimate treat!
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet or dark chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Directions:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1-2 tubs of chocolate frosting
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Continue beating while you add 1 egg and the vanilla extract to the large bowl. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the flour slowly to the large bowl and mix until evenly blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips using a large spoon until they are evenly blended.
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a tablespoon and form into small balls. Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and then freeze for 2 hours.
Did You Like This Recipe?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat 3 eggs with an electric mixer.
- Add the cake mix, water and oil to the egg mix and beat for 2 minutes on a medium speed.
- Place 24 baking cups in a muffin pan and then fill the cups with the cake batter. Each cup should be filled only 2/3rds full.
- Now place a froze cookie dough ball in the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes. When a toothpick can be inserted into the batter and pulled out clean, the cupcakes are ready.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and then frost.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!