What You'll Need:
- Enough adult-sized long socks for each guest to have one in various bright dragon colors (green, red, purple, rainbow)
- Wiggly eyes or buttons that match (wiggly eyes with sticker backing are better)
- Felt and/or Felt Stickers
- Sequins and other decorative items
At the Party:
- Cut some of the felt into shapes that look like spots, wings, horns, and scales.
- Cut red felt into tongue shapes.
- Cut some small black circles for nostrils.
Have your guests follow these steps to make a dragon sock puppet. Encourage creativity! Children can put on a puppet show when they are finished!
- Place your hand inside the sock to form a blank sock puppet.
- Add wiggly eyes or buttons with glue (or use the sticker wiggly eyes with no glue).
- Add two black nostrils for the nose.
- Decorate the back of the dragon puppet with the felt shapes. Add scales, wings, ears, or horns!
- Add a dragon tongue to the inside of the mouth.