Dora the Explorer Party Ideas
Have your party guests grab their backpacks and jump in for a great adventure with a Dora the Explorer Party! Our Dora Party Ideas include suggestions for invitations, activities, and more, that will have your guests yelling, Vamanos!
Dora the Explorer Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Dora party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Dora the Explorer party:
- Episodes of Dora the Explorer
- Dora the Explorer CDs
- Safari hats or Sombreros
- Dora the Explorer dolls or action figures
- Dora pinata
- Purchase small backpacks from the craft store and dye them purple. Draw Backpack's face on the front with fabric paint, or paste on cutouts of felt to create the face. Print your invitations on construction paper, roll them up, and stick them in the backpacks.
- Cut a big "D", "O", "R", and "A" out of cardstock and glue them side by side, so they slightly overlap and spell out "DORA". Write your party details in the open space of the letters.
- On a piece of construction paper, draw out a map that leads to the party location. Paste Dora stickers on the map, and draw on trees, parks, and other identifying features. Roll it up and send it in a mailing tube.
Dora the Explorer Party Decorating & Food
Keep the partygoers feeling adventurous with decorations that fit your Dora the Explorer party theme. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make two signs for various items in the party area - one with the English word and one with the Spanish word. For example, put signs on the clock that say "clock" and "reloj."
- Play episode of Dora the Explorer at a low volume in the background of the party.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday Adventure!" Take a look at our Explorer Banners for inspiration.
- Make tissue paper flowers to hang from the ceiling or set out on windowsills. You can make your own with our free instructions, or get everything you need in one package with our Tissue Paper Flowers Kit.
- Set potted trees, plants, or inflatable trees around the party area.
- Cut large flowers out of colorful felt or construction paper and tack them to the walls of the party area.
Incorporate Dora's Latin heritage into your party food! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you are planning to serve a full meal, as opposed to snacks, set up a taco bar and let your guests build their own tacos. Include flour and corn tortillas, ground beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Set out a bowl of tortilla chips with several different dips to try - such as salsa, guacamole, black bean dip, or queso dip. For added fun, serve the chips in an upside-down safari hat.
- Serve simple cheese roll-ups. Sprinkle shredded cheese on a flour tortilla and heat it in the microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt. Roll the tortilla tightly and cut into bit-sized pieces. Stick a toothpick through the snacks to keep them securely rolled up.
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make Mexican hot chocolate and serve with mini marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve churros with vanilla ice cream if you would rather not serve cake.
- For a Dora the Explorer cake, simply use our Dora the Explorer Cake Pan.
Dora the Explorer Party Favors
Thank your guests with adventurous party favors! To find a large variety of Dora party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Dora bubbles
- Dora puzzles
- Animal stamps
- Dora stickers and tattoo books
- Dora bracelets
- Wind-up animals
- Compass clips and magnifying glasses
- Safari hats
- Fun-shaped candy