Disney Princess Birthday Party Ideas
If your little princess loves to sing along with Ariel, ballroom dance like Cinderella, and talk to the animals like Snow White, she will love a Disney Princess birthday party! You can throw an enchanting party worthy of Prince Charming with our Disney Princess Party Ideas!
Disney Princess Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Disney Princess party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney Princess party:
- A Disney Princess-themed movie, such as Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Aladdin
- An Enchanted Castle Cake Pan
- A selection of dress-up clothes
- A collection of Disney music
- Cut a tiara out of pink cardstock and decorate it with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Fold a piece of silver cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a glass slipper, making sure that the card still holds together at the top.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a tiara that your guests can wear to the party.
- Fold a sheet of cardstock in half and paste a picture of your child's favorite princess on the front. Write all your party details inside. Before sealing the envelope, place a little confetti in the card for a fun surprise!
Disney Princess Party Decorating & Food
Make all you guests feel like belles of the ball by using decorations that complement your Disney Princess party theme!
- Twist together pink and lavender streamers and drape them from the ceiling. You can also use streamers to outline doorways and windows.
- Fill pastel-colored balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of three. Anchor the groups around the party space with balloon weights and tie one group to the back of the birthday girl's chair.
- Decorate tables and windowsills with flower pedals and plastic jewels.
- Place Disney Princess dolls and toys around the room for the children to play with during the party.
- Set up a mirror on one of the tables in the party area. Create a sign to place next to it that reads "Who is the Fairest of Them All?"
- Make a glass slipper the centerpiece of your food table, placing it on a pedestal and surrounding it with confetti or glitter.
- Play Disney songs as background music.
It can be fun for the host and the guests to include theme-specific treats during the party. For a Disney Princess birthday party, consider the following ideas:
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of stars, flowers, castles, and tiaras to cut finger sandwiches, cheese slices, deli meat, and watermelon. Serve on a pretty platter with crackers.
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks for the little princesses, and serve them on a tiered serving tray.
- Make a horse and carriage appetizer! Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite kind of dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the wheels. Set up two or more clean, plastic toy horses in front of the loaf of bread and connect the horses to the bread with white string.
- Serve strawberries with strawberry cream cheese or regular cream cheese tinted pink with food coloring.
- Serve fruit punch and sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Individual cupcakes, instead of a full cake, can be fun and more manageable for some parties. Frost each cupcake in pink frosting and add a small tiara-shaped sugar cookie to the top.
Disney Princess Party Favors
Thank your guests for coming to your castle with enchanting party favors! To find a large variety of princess party favors, visit our Disney Princess Party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bubble wands and fairy wands
- Disney princess stickers and temporary tattoos
- Disney princess tote bags
- Disney princess rings
- Fairytale finger puppets
- Lipgloss, nail art and headbands
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops