Disney Princess Birthday Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
If your little princess loves to sing along with Ariel, ballroom dance
like Cinderella, and talk to the animals like Snow White, she will love a
Disney Princess birthday party! You can throw an enchanting party
worthy of Prince Charming with our Disney Princess Party Ideas!
Our ideas will help you celebrate all your favorite princesses! Asks guests to wear their favorite Disney Princess Costume and practice their royal wave as they enter the castle for a royal celebration!
Disney Princess Party Planning & Invitations
- Cut a tiara out of pink cardstock and decorate it with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Fold a piece of silver cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a glass slipper, making sure that the card still holds together at the top.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a tiara that your guests can wear to the party.
- Fold a sheet of cardstock in half and paste a picture of your child's favorite princess on the front. Write all your party details inside. Before sealing the envelope, place a little confetti in the card for a fun surprise!
Disney Princess Party Decorations
One of the best things about this theme is that there are so many princesses to choose from. You can focus on just a couple or incorporate them all. Each princess has a color that is associated with her so choose think about color coding your decorations based on each princess. For instance, blue for Cinderella, yellow for Belle, or pink for Aurora.
Create a stunning backdrop with plastic table covers to represent each character. A personalized princess banner across the top helps bring the whole thing together both in theme and color. Use classic crepe paper streamers to continue your princess color theme.
Make all you guests feel like belles of the ball by using decorations that complement your Disney Princess Tableware!
- Twist together pink and lavender streamers and drape them from the ceiling. You can also use streamers to outline doorways and windows.
- Fill pastel-colored balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of three. Anchor the groups around the party space with balloon weights and tie one group to the back of the birthday girl's chair.
- Decorate tables with flower pedals and plastic jewels.
- Place Disney Princess dolls and toys around the room for the children to play with during the party.
- Set up a mirror on one of the tables in the party area. Create a sign to place next to it that reads "Who is the Fairest of Them All?"
- Make a glass slipper the centerpiece of your food table, placing it on a pedestal and surrounding it with confetti or glitter.
- Play Disney songs as background music.
Disney Princess Party Foods
Isn’t themed food the best?! Here is a list of food ideas based on each princess:
- Rapunzel – Yellow Twizzler braids
- Cinderella – Marshmallow wands
- Belle – Rose cupcakes
- Ariel – Oyster cookies
- Snow White – Poison apple cupcakes
- Aurora – Crown sprinkle sandwiches
All of these foods can be made ahead so you’re not rushing to put them together the day of the party. You can download the entire set of food labels for free on the Made by a Princess website.
A few more ideas food and drink ideas for consideration that go perfectly with a Disney Princess birthday party:
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks for the little princesses, and serve them on a tiered serving tray.
- Make a horse and carriage appetizer! Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite kind of dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the wheels. Set up two or more clean, plastic toy horses in front of the loaf of bread and connect the horses to the bread with white string.
- Serve strawberries with strawberry cream cheese or regular cream cheese tinted pink with food coloring.
- Create a signature mocktail or simply pop the top on some sparkling cider, or Italian soda and serve in plastic champagne glasses.
- Individual cupcakes, instead of a full cake, can be fun and more manageable for some parties. Frost each cupcake in pink frosting and add a small tiara-shaped sugar cookie to the top.
Disney Princess Party Activities
Guests will have a great time pretending they are their favorite princess with Disney photo props and a royal carriage! The carriage photo frame can also double as a table decoration until you’re ready to use it.
Pinning the tail on a donkey just won’t do for this princess party! With this Disney Princess Party Game, little guests will try to “pin” Pascal on Rapunzel, a shell on Ariel, Mrs. Potts on Belle, and a glass slipper on Cinderella.
Disney Princess Party Favors
The best kind of favors are ones that don’t cost a fortune and will actually be used. Choose something simple and ready to go like a package of pretty and pearly Disney Jelly Belly beans. If you’re feeling crafty you can create Hershey Kiss roses in a favor tube to represent Belle or place the same red Hershey Kisses in a small jar to represent kisses for Snow White. Candies as blonde as Rapunzel's hair in a Mini Paint Can will make a perfect to-go snack. Candy filled glass slippers and wands will be the bippity-boppity best Cinderella favor.
Party styled and designed by Kylie from Made by a Princess. Head over to her blog for more party tips, recipes, and free printables.
Thank your guests for coming to your castle with enchanting party favors! To find a large variety of princess party favors, visit our Disney Princess Party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bubble wands and fairy wands
- Disney princess stickers and temporary tattoos
- Disney princess tote bags
- Disney princess rings
- Fairytale finger puppets
- Lipgloss, nail art and headbands
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops