What You'll Need:
Write one of the following tongue twisters neatly on each index card. Make sure there is one card for every guest. If there aren't enough tongue twisters below for all your guests, create your own or use one twice.
At the Party:
- Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
- She sells sea shells by the seashore.
- A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back.
- Double bubble gum, bubbles double.
- If two witches were watching two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
- Six slippery snails, slid slowly seaward.
- An Ape hates grape cakes.
- Betty better butter Brad's bread.
- Ed had edited it.
- Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread.
- If Stu chews shoes, should Stu choose the shoes he chews?
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
- Shy Shelly says she shall sew sheets.
- Six sharp smart sharks.
- Toy boat. Toy boat. Toy boat.
- Two toads, totally tired.
- Unique New York
- We surely shall see the sun shine soon.
- Which witch wished which wicked wish?
- Three free throws
- Hand each child an index card and ask them to read the card silently.
- One at a time, have each child to read their tongue twister out loud once.
- If they say it correctly they stay in the game. If they make a mistake they are out.
- After everyone has read their card, the players still in the game pass their card to the person to their right.
- One at a time, have each child read their new tongue twister two times fast.
- Once again, if they say it correctly they stay in the game. If they make a mistake they are out.
- Continue playing each round by increasing the number of times the tongue twister has to be said until one person is left. That person is the winner!
Ask the children to use a Tow-Mater southern accent while reading their tongue twister! Or see if anyone can read all the tongue twisters correctly.