Disney Cars Party Ideas
Race toward Lightning McQueen and the rest of the gang from Disney Cars for your child's next party! If your child wants racing excitement, then a Cars birthday is right up their race track. Go the extra mile by getting creative with your Cars invitations, decorations, food, favors and games. Here are our suggestions to get your child's party on the right track.
Disney Cars Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to our Disney Cars party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- Die cast Disney' Cars toys and race tracks
- Inflatable Tires
- Racing helmets and driving gloves
- Disney Cars: DVD, video games or soundtrack
- Racing flags
- Fold a piece of red construction paper in half and cut out a car
shape. Write "Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines! [Child's name]
is turning [child's age]!" Cut out circles from black construction paper
for the wheels. Attach the wheels to the card with brass fasteners so
- Include a Disney Cars character or a small racing flag with your invitation to hand-deliver to your guests.
- Make your invitation look like a pit pass for the Piston Cup! Write
the party details on a piece of 2-1/2 x 4-inch paper and laminate it.
Then punch a hole in the top and loop a 12-inch string through it to
make a necklace.
Disney Cars Party Decorating & Food
- Attach two checkered racing flags to your mailbox or crisscross them on your front door.
- Make a centerpiece out of characters and a toy racetrack.
- Use chalk to draw a "Track" on the driveway and/or sidewalk leading up to your door.
- Make a few Cars inspired signs like "No Tractor Tipping," "Radiator Springs" and "Casa Della Tires" and hang them throughout the party area.
- As guests arrive, hand each their "Driver's License" using our laminated bag tags. Guests can take them home as their party favor!
- Create a large car from an empty appliance box. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows. Paint the box red to resemble a race car. Cut out four circles from a sheet of cardboard, spray paint them black and glue to the sides of the box to create wheels. If desired, you can turn this into a party activity by handing out washable markers and having your guests decorate the box during the party. This will also be a great place to take party pictures!
- Use white and yellow lawn paint to draw a racetrack on the grass in your yard for outdoor games. Include a Start and Finish line, complete with checkered flags.
We've changed the names of some common snacks to accommodate a Cars-inspired menu! Label the food table as "Flo's V-8 Cafe" and serve some of the following tasty treats.
- Lightning McQueen's Ice Cream: Set up an ice cream bar where children can choose their own flavor and toppings.
- Chick Hick's Chicken Bits: Chicken fingers
- Tow-mater Taters: Tater tots with melted cheese on top and ketchup.
- Luigi's Special: Any Italian meal will work, such as spaghetti or fettuccini.
- Sally's Shakes: Milkshakes
- Red's Salsa Surprise: Spicy salsa with tortilla chips
- Mack and Cheese: Macaroni and cheese
- Tex Mex: Any Mexican meal will work, such as tacos or quesadillas
Disney Cars Party Favors
Thank your guests with awesome party favors! To find a large variety of Cars 2 party favors, visit our Cars page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Racing Helmets
- Lightning McQueen race launchers
- Disney Cars Rolling Stampers
- Disney Cars punch balloons
- Disney Cars temporary tattoos and stickers
- Tow Mater hats
- Race flag pencils