Dinosaur Train Party
If PBS' Dinosaur Train has captured your child's imagination and Tyrannosaurus and Pteranodon are every day words at your house, then this Dinosaur Train Party is just the ticket you'll need for prehistoric birthday fun! Begin your Dinosaur Train adventure by planning a birthday party that will take your child's pals and preschoolers' favorite dino, Buddy, on a dinosaur party voyage through swamps and jungles, volcanoes and prehistoric seas. This Dinosaur Train party ideas guide has all the Dinosaur Train games, decorating ideas, and planning tips you'll need to ensure your dino train party will delight your little paleontologist. Shop all our Dinosaur Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Food Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Dinosaur or Train party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Dinosaur Train party:
- Dinosaur flash cards
- Episodes of Dinosaur Train
- Dinosaur figurines
- An inflatable dinosaur
- Books about dinosaurs
- A sand box
- Plastic eggs
- Toy trains
- A dinosaur pinata
- Invite your guests aboard the party train with these personalized dinosaur party invitations.
- Print out enough copies of our Printable Train Tickets for each guest. Paste a photo of the recipient on their ticket and mail it to them with an invitation. You can also include a dinosaur figurine or a dinosaur flash card.
- Put each invitation inside a large plastic egg and label it "dinosaur egg." Place the plastic egg inside a clear cellophane bag with some green Easter grass and a small toy dinosaur. Tie the bag closed with ribbon, and deliver it to your guests.
- Cut out dinosaur footprints from construction paper and write the party details on one side.
- Purchase personalized train lollipops and customize them to read "All aboard for a sweet day!" Attach a slip of paper to the stick of the lollipop that includes the party details written neatly. Mail the lollipops in a padded envelope.
- Ask your child to draw a picture of their favorite dinosaur from Dinosaur Train. Scan in the picture and then type the party details below the picture. You can also include a cute rhyme such as:
All aboard! We're headed towards fun, We'll meet lots of dinosaurs before the day's done. Grayson's having a birthday on the Dinosaur Train, Come eat like a T-Rex and play lots of games!
Dinosaur Train Party Decoration Ideas Turn your party table into a prehistoric paradise with the following Dinosaur Train party decorating tips.
- Use construction paper, masking tape or duct tape and create train tracks on the floor. You can have the tracks lead from the doorway to the party table.
- Place plenty of dinosaur figurines around the party table. Label the bottom of each dinosaur's foot with a guest's name. They can be taken home as favors.
- Create a large train out of colorful craft paper to hang behind the party table. Place dinosaur faces inside the windows.
- Play episodes of Dinosaur Train quietly in the background.
- Hide plastic "dinosaur" eggs around the room for your guests to find. If you have a sandbox, you can hide the eggs in the sand as well. Make sure you place small prizes in the eggs! Dinosaur stickers make great prizes!
- Pass out conductor hats for your guests to wear and then take home from the party.
- Create a large arch out of balloons for your guests to walk under. This can symbolize a train tunnel.
- Label vegetables and fruit "For Herbivores" and anything with meat (sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken fingers, hotdogs) "For Carnivores."
- You can also create a sign for the table that reads "Please choo-choo your food carefully."
- Bone-Shaped Sandwiches:Use cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, brownies or cookies into bone shapes.
- Serve dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets. You can normally find them at the grocery store.
- Decorate Dinosaur Train party cupcakes with dinosaur party cupcake toppers.
- Dirt Cups:This yummy dessert looks like something a dinosaur would dig!
- Lay a Bundt cake on top of a 9" square cake.
- Completely cover the cake with chocolate frosting.
- Make orange frosting by adding 5 drops of red and 3 drops of yellow food coloring to a can of white frosting.
- Then slowly pour the orange frosting around the top to resemble lava flowing out of a volcano.
- Write a happy birthday message with white icing on the front of the volcano.
- Arrange plastic dinosaurs and trees around the bottom of the cake.
- Place a small train around the outside of the volcano.
Party Favor IdeasDinosaur Train Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests with wild party favors! To find a large variety of Dinosaur party favors, visit our Dinosaur party page or Dinosaur Train party theme page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Dinosaur figurines
- Dinosaur stampers
- Dinosaur stickers and temporary tattoos
- Dinosaur eggs
- Dinosaur wind-up toys
- Dinosaur finger puppets
- Dinosaur plush toys
- Fun-shaped candy
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Dinosaur Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Dinosaur Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.